Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Crown I-Tech Amplifiers
Crown I-Tech Amplifiers [message #27681] Thu, 29 April 2004 14:10 Go to next message
WM is currently offline  WM
Esquire
I would really like to get some real life feedback from those of you who have used these amplifiers in the field - thoughts, likes, dislikes, etc.

Re: Crown I-Tech Amplifiers [message #27682 is a reply to message #27681] Fri, 30 April 2004 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I don't run the I-Tech's, their brand-new amps. But I've used Microtech's and Macrotech's for years. Now that I think about it, that puts me in a pretty broad crowd - Lots of people have run the M-Techs, it might be the most popular power amp of its type. So maybe this is old news to you.

But just in case, I'll state my case. I think there's no more durable amplifier made. These things are absolute tanks. Good, high-quality sound at extreme levels. And even when they are starting to malfunction, they'll keep belting it out. They're so durable I'm betting there are tons of them in the field that have sustained damage and since they keep on working, the techs don't even know. Seriously.

Of course, you need good high-current AC lines for high output and while the cooling fan isn't loud, you can hear it at whisper levels. But all-in-all, I think Crown makes the best high-power amps out there.

Re: Crown I-Tech Amplifiers [message #27683 is a reply to message #27681] Fri, 30 April 2004 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
There now just starting to hit the field, from reports I've read on them the 4000 and 8000 series are running good, there's been a few reports of problems with the 6000 series though. But like with any new technology there's bound to be some teathing problems at first but I'm sure Crown will have these worked out in no time at all. That's why I wait till an amps been in the field at least a year or two before purchaseing to make sure the manufactures have got the bugs worked out.

Bill W.

Re: Crown I-Tech Amplifiers [message #27684 is a reply to message #27681] Fri, 27 August 2004 03:20 Go to previous message
Murdy is currently offline  Murdy
Esquire
We're using them and haven't had any trouble. We've used a lot of crown amps for years and they always crank the juice.

Previous Topic: Amp for use with Les Paul
Next Topic: audix microphones room 15
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:41:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout