Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Help with amp problem please
Help with amp problem please [message #27051] Thu, 19 May 2005 15:48 Go to next message
trevor is currently offline  trevor
Esquire
Hey guys. I sold my mesa boogie dc-10 combo to a friend six months ago, now when this guy was trying it out one of th output tubes blew and took the fuse with it. as i was moving over sees I sold it to him and told him that a set of tubes and a fuse will fix the problem.
so I said to him. "give me a call as soon as you put the tubes in so you can tell me whats goin on " but nothing. now six months later he is sending abusive emails saying that the amp needs to be completely re wired and that i riped him off.
Now I owned this little babby from brand new for six years so i would like to think I know it inside out. do any of you guys have any suggestions as to what the problem could be ? it bassicaly makes no sound. also a relivent point to add is that my drummer put a hole in one of the speakers and had it re conned. i never used it with the speakers in the amp because I had a 4x12 this could also be a problem. I have no idea what this guy has done to this poor amp for the last six months but he knows nothing a bout tube amps. so as you can imagine its like talking to a brick wall. please if anyone has some advice I would love some help. cheers

Re: Help with amp problem please [message #27053 is a reply to message #27051] Fri, 20 May 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris R. is currently offline  Chris R.
Viscount
It could be any of a number of things. You are going to have to
debug it. Is it really blowing tubes? Think maybe a shorted bias
cap. Do you have a schematic for it? That will help.

Chris

Re: Help with amp problem please [message #27055 is a reply to message #27053] Sat, 21 May 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trevor is currently offline  trevor
Esquire
well mate my biggest problem is that I am now living in sweden and the amp is in australia yeah i am pretty sure it was the tubess because I could see that one of them was on its way out before it blew. when the guy was playing it it just went silent. these dudes dont know a single thing so im having alot of trouble trying help them and all are doing is gettin pissed at me.

Re: Help with amp problem please [message #27056 is a reply to message #27055] Sat, 21 May 2005 09:53 Go to previous message
Chris R. is currently offline  Chris R.
Viscount
If I were you, I'd have them take it to someone. There's no way
I'd try to drive debugging a busted amp 1/2 way 'round the world
with someone that isn't a technician trained in high voltage or at
least is good at this sort of thing already.
Chris

Previous Topic: Which Amp to choose for Pod XT Live
Next Topic: Need help fixing HRDx
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:29:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers