Home » Audio » General » Help ID'ing wires on Fisher Mono Tube Receiver
Help ID'ing wires on Fisher Mono Tube Receiver [message #26650] Sun, 07 October 2007 18:55 Go to next message
Dinchart2 is currently offline  Dinchart2
Esquire
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Pic is from a Fisher mono receiver, chassis 60, from a console. Can anyone tell me (1) what is the third (white) wire for on the speaker plug (far right)?, and (2) what are the wires between the speaker wires and the power cord (the wires with the ends leaning up against the transformer)? Also, am I correct in assuming that yellow/black = +/- ?
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a photofact or a manual, and not technically apt enough to figure out what's what by following wires backward.

Thanks for your help.

Re: Help ID'ing wires on Fisher Mono Tube Receiver [message #26651 is a reply to message #26650] Mon, 08 October 2007 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I couldn't see the picture; Please check your URL.

You said the amp was used in a console system. Do the speakers have two leads going to them or four? If the latter, the speakers use a field coil instead of a fixed magnet.

Re: Help ID'ing wires on Fisher Mono Tube Receiver [message #26652 is a reply to message #26651] Mon, 08 October 2007 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
I hope this one works

Re: Help ID'ing wires on Fisher Mono Tube Receiver [message #26653 is a reply to message #26652] Tue, 09 October 2007 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yep, looks like you have field coil supply lines there.

Re: Help ID'ing wires on Fisher Mono Tube Receiver [message #26654 is a reply to message #26653] Tue, 09 October 2007 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Thanks. The question is, can I connect just the yellow and black wires into a regular speaker (this is a mono setup) and tape off the other wires, or would you think the amplifier needs to sense that all the wires are connected?

Re: Help ID'ing wires on Fisher Mono Tube Receiver [message #26655 is a reply to message #26654] Tue, 09 October 2007 20:16 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Many times, the field coil doubles as a power supply filter coil. In that case, the unit won't power up unless the field coil leads are connected. The field coil usually has DC resistance between 200Ω and 2kΩ, so you probably want a resistor or better yet, a coil in the line.

Previous Topic: New speaker at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest
Next Topic: ART Search Engine
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 19:54:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout