Home » Audio » General » Technics by Panisonic SL-1100
Technics by Panisonic SL-1100 [message #26446] Fri, 27 January 2006 20:29 Go to next message
Ross Rakoff is currently offline  Ross Rakoff
Chancellor
Picked up this sweet classic SL-1100 DJ Turntable from a clueless thrift shop for $10 in very sweet condition even though they're almost impossible to break. The only problem with it is the cover is a bit scratched and it didn't help that I cracked the corner with my back side because you have to completly remove it to take it off. The other problem is the strobo illuminator which is really cool, it works, but you have to hold it down to keep it on, you click it and it just goes off when you pull your finger up. Anybody got a broke one with a good cover. They're ancient, I know.
-Ross

Re: Technics by Panisonic SL-1100 [message #26447 is a reply to message #26446] Sat, 28 January 2006 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Wow, now that's a cool find!

Re: Technics by Panisonic SL-1100 [message #26448 is a reply to message #26447] Sat, 28 January 2006 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Right On, Right on....WHat would be a good way to drive? What system? Eventually I will want to learn how to scratch but for now I just wanna play it through a receiver with decent speakers that match its year, though it doesn't always matter. Also, if you know of a system that can play turntables with different ohms that would be most excellent. I think the SL-1100 is probably about 8 ohms and I have an old Garrard which is probably just old fashion 16 ohms. If you own anything that would go nicely that you would wanna sell please let me know, but I must tell you my funding are a little low since I've just been through a little era of unemployment which has finally ended and hopefully will saty that way.
-Ross

Re: Technics by Panisonic SL-1100 [message #26449 is a reply to message #26448] Sun, 29 January 2006 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Just run the turntable into a nice receiver and connect to a good set of speakers. Spin and enjoy!

Re: Technics by Panisonic SL-1100 [message #26451 is a reply to message #26446] Sun, 05 February 2006 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
I Found out the Strobo Illuminator is suppossed to shut off when you take your finger off the button. This turnable is in uncanny condition given its age of about 30 years. My only fear is that I am destroying my vynal because I don't know about cue functions or the little knobs on the shoulder of the arm that you adjust to do who knows what. And still it does not sound right at all being played on my Sharp with 6 ohm stereo which I bought 5-6 years ago, but then again the system might not be as good as it seems. There is a self evident buzz sound that is heard at any volume higher than zero, but isn't bothersome untill you crank it up high, which you have to do in order to hear the record at a normal volume. The Rca cables are practically brand new. I think it just need a nice old technics receiver with nice huge speaker so I can take a trip to vynal pleasure land.
-Ross

Re: Technics by Panisonic SL-1100 [message #26452 is a reply to message #26451] Sun, 05 February 2006 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You may need to set tracking weight and anti-skate.

Re: Technics by Panisonic SL-1100 [message #26708 is a reply to message #26446] Sat, 12 July 2008 20:12 Go to previous message
Fred14 is currently offline  Fred14
Esquire
Reguarding the buzzing noise, Are you sure you've grounded the TurnTable properly? I have a pair of the gorgious 1100's myself as well as a pair of the original SL 1200. They are beautiful.

enjoy it, F14

Previous Topic: Happy Birthday America!
Next Topic: No imagery
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:01:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers