Home » Audio » General » "Show and Tell" Room at GPAF
"Show and Tell" Room at GPAF [message #2642] Mon, 16 January 2006 04:41 Go to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
For this year I'll bring a CD Player, DAC, preamp, amp, and a pair of high efficiency speakers, and will be hosting a "Show and Tell" electronics room. Everyone is invited to bring your favorite amp, preamp, CD player, DAC, etc. and share its glorious sound with members of the Dallas Audio Club, Lone Star Bottleheads, and everyone else. All kinds of components are welcome including DIY, built-from-a-kit, store-bought, tube, solid state, class D chips, etc. Y'all come!

That's cool. [message #2645 is a reply to message #2642] Mon, 16 January 2006 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm diggin' it!

Re: "Show and Tell" Room at GPAF [message #2698 is a reply to message #2642] Tue, 31 January 2006 22:12 Go to previous message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
At this point I'm still planning on coming. I've got a stock Millett Hybrid headphone amp and should have my Headwize SOHA headphone amp cased up and done by then if anyone wants to bring their set of cans and give a listen. Be warned, the SOHA will be set for my low-Z AKG K240s, so I have no idea how they might sound with Senn's (hopefully the volume will be enough as right now full volume is just at the point of clipping using a PCDP for a source.) Also, I can bring my NAD Bee CDP as a source if I need to. If I'm lucky and get mucho guidance from Damir, Pak, and the rest of ya'll I might have a 6EM7 SE amp done by then, too.

Previous Topic: GPAF Info
Next Topic: A story of generosity and good will
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:00:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout