Home » Audio » Radio » 1940 RCA Victor Map.
1940 RCA Victor Map. [message #25683] Wed, 20 April 2005 22:53 Go to next message
Errol is currently offline  Errol
Esquire
Hi. I have a map dated April 4, 1940. It is an RCA Victor shortwave listener guide. Along the right side it lists frequencies for the world. Along the bottom it shows frequencies for North America. It is a map of Europe with the different locations of the British fleet, a British Blockade off Iraq. It also shows where the German fleet is as well. It has small pictures of different classes of warships, including The British Battleship, the Hood, which was sunk by Bismark a year later. Any info, on where I could find a value for this map would be appreciated. It is in excellent shape.
Errol

Re: 1940 RCA Victor Map. [message #25684 is a reply to message #25683] Thu, 21 April 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I don't know how much it's worth, but it sure sounds cool. Can you scan a photo of it and post it here?

Re: 1940 RCA Victor Map. [message #25685 is a reply to message #25684] Thu, 21 April 2005 08:23 Go to previous message
Errol is currently offline  Errol
Esquire
Hi. I can't really scan it. Its about 2ft by 3ft. Maybe I can take a picture with my webcam. I'll see what I can come up with. I've tried to get a value from collectible people, or antique dealers. It covers too many areas. WW 2 ,maps, history, shortwave collectables and so on.Anyway I'll see if I can get a photo of it. Errol

Previous Topic: Schematic for 1934 RCA 128
Next Topic: Help identifying old radio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:22:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout