Home » Audio » Speaker » Powerful thin portable speakers that run on batteries?
Powerful thin portable speakers that run on batteries? [message #24577] Sun, 22 March 2009 15:05 Go to next message
Anirak is currently offline  Anirak
Esquire
So let's say I have a costume and I want to have some speakers hooked up to a MP3 player inside the costume that can loudly project the sound while I dance. The speakers would have to be very thin so that they wouldn't bulge out of the costume, and they would have to be powerful enough to project sound through the costume.

Any ideas? I'd prefer something that doesn't cost too much, but I do need fairly good quality to make this effective.

Re: Powerful thin portable speakers that run on batteries? [message #24578 is a reply to message #24577] Tue, 24 March 2009 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Might try these. They shouldn't be visible at all through the costume.

Re: Powerful thin portable speakers that run on batteries? [message #24579 is a reply to message #24578] Thu, 26 March 2009 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Sorry, the devil made me do that! The idea of speakers concealed inside a costume is very creative. I'm not familiar with portable speakers, but there's a tradeoff between size and bass extension, and usually between price and sound quality, that will make it very hard for you to find a pair of speakers that can easily be concealed inside a costume and still sound good. The lack of "high end" quality probably won't be an issue in a noisy party environment, but the lack of bass extension and inablility to play loudly will be a noticeable distraction.

Re: Powerful thin portable speakers that run on batteries? [message #24580 is a reply to message #24579] Fri, 27 March 2009 11:54 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That was funny, though, Fred.

Previous Topic: new Cardersound Madisons at home
Next Topic: 12" Full range driver recommendations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:11:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio