Home » Audio » General » The Civility of this Forum
The Civility of this Forum [message #2423] Sat, 12 November 2005 07:19 Go to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Imagine where the thread about Geddes' new book would have gone on the asylum. Differences between this forum and the asylum are that participants are more tolerant of ideas that challenge their assumptions, and even when they disagree with a point the poster has made the discussion remains civil and it doesn't spill over into personal insults and attacks. That's one reason I'm here and not over there with the inmates.

Re: The Civility of this Forum [message #2425 is a reply to message #2423] Sat, 12 November 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I agree. I really appreciate that from everyone here. It's a pleasure to hang out with you guys.

Re: The Civility of this Forum [message #2438 is a reply to message #2423] Mon, 14 November 2005 21:37 Go to previous message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
It's very soothing to read posts that don't ooze attitude. I've gotten to the point where I'll follow a thread until it turns into a quagmire then stop. It takes more of a person to hang in there when discussion starts and stick to the subject rather than reverting to personal attacks. Usually the name calling is started by someone who has taken an untenable position in an argument The people I've read here are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Previous Topic: computer confusion
Next Topic: We should call "Craftsman" the "Maytag Forum"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:58:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout