Home » Audio » Speaker » finally a system that satisfies!
finally a system that satisfies! [message #22077] Thu, 23 April 2009 11:22 Go to next message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
Gentlemen, last nite I installed my recently aquired Coral Beta 8's into my Cardersound Madison cabinets, replacing the Foxtex 206e's--admittly I will A/B these drivers for some time. But last nite After much angst, I found the SPOT!! I have been spotting these speakers all over the room not getting the image/sounstage/presence whereby the speakers disappear from the room. Long story short--I put on Madeleine Peyrdux....turned out the lites, and in less than a minute I moved the speakers out from the back wall maybe a foot more and returned to my listening seat and Wala!!! Madeleine had stepped into the room right there in front of me! So sweet! Stayed up way too late as I now had to listen to so many CD's--It may not be the Holy Grail but for right now is Holy Cow Batman !!! sure is nice to finally get to where you have been trying to go!

Jef Larsen custom 2A3 intergrated
Jolida 100 CDP (underwood mod level II)
Audio Mirror P-1 pre amp
Cardersound Madisons (modded for Coral Beta 8 drivers)
Kimber interconnects
KCAT-5 speaker connects

Surrounded by Audio Heaven...........hopefully for a while...Jim

Re: finally a system that satisfies! [message #22078 is a reply to message #22077] Thu, 23 April 2009 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I gotta hear it, Jim! Maybe we'll all get together soon in Tulsa. We've been threatening to do that for a while. Or maybe get a room in Dallas for LSAF, setup and show it there!

Re: finally a system that satisfies! [message #22079 is a reply to message #22078] Fri, 24 April 2009 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
Hope we can have a good turn out of locals at the Dallas show! I have put the Fest on my calendar! JD

Re: finally a system that satisfies! [message #59317 is a reply to message #22077] Sun, 31 May 2009 11:24 Go to previous message
thetubeguy1954 is currently offline  thetubeguy1954
Chancellor
Jim,

I also own CarderSound Madison speakers. Presently I'm using them with Mike R modified Fostex FE206E drivers and I've never been happier in my life.

That said, I'm curious if you found replacing the Fostex FE206E with Coral Beta 8 was a big improvement? If so, can you describe what the sonic improvements were?

I've included a photo of my system which consists of a Mastersound Reference 845 integrated, SET amp. A BlueNote Stibbert CD player, CarderSound Madison speakers, Mike R interconnects and speakerwires and Stealth Audio M-21 Super power cords.

Thetubeguy1954

index.php?t=getfile&id=5&private=0
  • Attachment: My System.jpg
    (Size: 657.80KB, Downloaded 4977 times)
Previous Topic: help!
Next Topic: JBL 2035HPL T/S parameters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:28:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio