Home » Audio » General » Sprkman57 Got Me
Sprkman57 Got Me [message #1797] Wed, 25 May 2005 17:38 Go to next message
zincman is currently offline  zincman
Baron
Hello all;
Just wanted to drop a quick couple lines to pass along some system info. Ron aka Sprkman57 has hooked me and definetly set me up with some great tuneage. First I need to thank Wayne for the Bottlehead build, very nice job, they are mine now. Ron set me up with Bottlehead Foreplay and Paramours. My source id a Cal Audio Labs DX-1 and speakers are Altec 416-16 with 802/811 horn, backloaded single drivers 8" telefunkens and others. Also is pictured a small pair of homebrew techinics single drivers(Absolute Killer Sound). The two black blobs on the floor are a pair of SE7591 mono's. My picture looks kind of like a junk yard set but I got to say it all sounds very good and can't thank Ron enough for FREE advise and some great equipment. if you have not meet him hook up. His house is a audio nut paradise with more stuff in one place than most audio stores. Anyway I hope to be more active on this board and throw in my two pennies worth when I feel brave.
Thanks All
Tim

Re: Sprkman57 Got Me [message #1798 is a reply to message #1797] Wed, 25 May 2005 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Close shot of Bottlehead stuff

Re: Sprkman57 Got Me [message #1799 is a reply to message #1798] Wed, 25 May 2005 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Glad to see that Bottlehead gear went to a good home. The rest of your rig looks real cool too! It has an all-star lineup of components, so I know it sounds good.

Sprkman57 Got Me (and me) [message #1800 is a reply to message #1797] Wed, 25 May 2005 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Tim, Just rolled in from Ron's house. Picked up the A7s (note to self: take U-Haul truck to Columbus nest time.) I got some great picturees of Ron hauling cabs out his garage. Remember that saying: a picture's worth a thousand words, well...... I'll get them up tomorrow.

We need to get together and talk shop over a brew or two. I live in West Chester, which is about 30 min from Dayton. Ron also mentioned about trying to get some OH tube heads together for a listening tour. We could just meet at one person's house for a few hours for some tunes and talk. It would be very informal and no one would need to haul their gear around (like Ron could.).......Colin

Re: Sprkman57 Got Me (and me) [message #1801 is a reply to message #1800] Thu, 26 May 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Can't wait to see all the hard work. Yeah we do need to hook up. Ohio tube heads seem to be a pretty good size group, time for a mini tube fest.

It's the least I could do [message #1803 is a reply to message #1799] Thu, 26 May 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It makes me feel good to get others "hooked" in this hobby of tubes and horns. I still have way too much in my house and garage and encourage others to come and get some free cabinets and build your own.

Yesterday when Colin came over for the A7 VOTT cabinets I actually saw some things that I forgot about in my garage. LOL

Need some other folks to drive to Columbus, Ohio for a visit and help me unload some more cabinets. My end goal is to be able to use my basement for my audio system, instead of my tiny living room.

Ron

Re: Sprkman57 Got Me [message #1804 is a reply to message #1797] Thu, 26 May 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Hi zincman,
It is nice to see that Ron helped you break into the high efficiency and vacuum tube audio world. Ron is a first class person, willing to help anyone who is intersted in audio and music, something he enjoys.
I got some Philips AD5200M full range drivers from him, and they sound great in an open baffle and without crossovers, thanks Ron.
Also, I know you will have many years of enjoyment now that Ron has helped you to get hooked into the world of audio neurosis, Welcome.
Norris Wilson

Re: Sprkman57 Got Me [message #1805 is a reply to message #1799] Thu, 26 May 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Wayne I have a very good foundation I think at this point. My only real sore spot is my gain for the Altecs using the Foreplay is a bit suspect. I had used a CJ PV2 with the Paramours and only had to use about 20% of my volume to achieve pretty decent sound levels.With the Paramours and Foreplay I use probably well over half to get the same levels. I am sure I could probably do something with the sweet whispers to improve that but it is over my head technically. But overall very pleasing sound on a low budget.
Tim

Re: It's the least I could do [message #1806 is a reply to message #1803] Thu, 26 May 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
I will certainly do all I can to help with the clear out???????????

Re: Sprkman57 Got Me (and me) [message #1807 is a reply to message #1800] Thu, 26 May 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Colin,
Did you get those Altec horns powder coated yet, I'd like to see a picture of them when you do. I bet they'll look sharp.

Bill W.

Previous Topic: Happy Memorial Day weekend!
Next Topic: Visit to Spkrman57's house (pic)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:04:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio