Home » Audio » General » Great Plains Audiofest - Photos
Great Plains Audiofest - Photos [message #1525] Sun, 01 May 2005 16:37 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm still unpacking and what-not, so I haven't had time to do a write-up, but I've uploaded some photos of the Great Plains Audiofest. In the next few days, I'll try to put up a web page with these images, and include the names of the people and equipment that were there.

It was so much fun, just really a great time. I saw a lot of old friends, and made a lot of new friends too. Everyone thee was just the best. We had great turnout, and learned a lot too. Next year, we'll probably extend to fill out the day Sunday with seminars. But other than that, I'm not sure I'd change much about it. The show was a huge success, and I was really pleased. Check out the pics!

Congratulations! [message #1526 is a reply to message #1525] Sun, 01 May 2005 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I know it must have been an awful lot of effort – glad it turned out well.

Re: Great Plains Audiofest - Photos [message #1527 is a reply to message #1525] Sun, 01 May 2005 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
A few more at the link below

Re: Great Plains Audiofest - Photos [message #1528 is a reply to message #1527] Sun, 01 May 2005 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Great photos - Thanks for the pics!

You know, seeing the picture of your Ella amplifier made me realize I never got a chance to sit and listen to it like I wanted to. I've always really liked Brian Cherry and that amp is one of the coolest looking. At that price, it's gotta be one of the best deals in its price range. I dig amps like that, like the Stoetkit and some of the others we saw there. I'll tell you another real great amp that was playing a lot in my room is the Selectronic ProFet. It's creamy like a SET amp in the mids and treble, but much more solid on the bottom. I can't believe I described an amp as "creamy." But anyway, I loved the looks of your Ella, your FredArray's and many of the other great products we saw thre this weekend.

One more ting I forgot to mention - If anyone wants to send me photos to be put on the GreatPlainsAudiofest.com website, I'd be happy to upload them there. You've always been so good to put lots of photos on your SmugMug site, but if anyone has trouble hosting images of the event and wants them posted, just send them along. I tried to get photos of everyone and everything, but it's hard to be five places at once so I missed a lot.

One more thing [message #1529 is a reply to message #1528] Sun, 01 May 2005 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Well, two more, actually. First, you left your Chopin CD in my room. It's a great CD - I'm listening to it right now - So you'll probably want to write me your mailing address so I can send it to you. And second, I meant what I said about your line arrays. Those are awesome speakers and I think you should sell 'em to people or make the plans available in some way.

Re: Great Plains Audiofest - Photos [message #1533 is a reply to message #1525] Mon, 02 May 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Wayne,
I can't believe that you put the picture of that goofy guy with glasses and a two thumbs up in here.
He looks like he was having a good time.
Thanks
Norris

Re: One more thing [message #1534 is a reply to message #1529] Mon, 02 May 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Brines is currently offline  Bob Brines
Master
And you left Your Mussorgsky "Pictures", Olu Dara and Cassandra Wilson with me. You can have the other two back for a SSE and and adress, but the "Pictures" is going to cost some ransom

Bob

Re: One more thing [message #1536 is a reply to message #1534] Mon, 02 May 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Which reminds me, anyone who believes single driver speakers don't have good bass should hear Bob's FT-1600 speakers. After he played the first couple of tracks of the Mussorgski "Pictures" organ transciption I said "OK, now let's hear it without the subwoofer" and he responded "The sub isn't on". The combination of the enclosure design and the simple bsc network in Bob's speakers restores the octave-to-octave tonal balance I am accustomed to hearing with well designed speakers that take into account the quirks of the drivers that are used in them.

Had A Great Time @ The Show! [message #1537 is a reply to message #1525] Mon, 02 May 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Todd W. White is currently offline  Todd W. White
Chancellor

Hello guys (and ladies - there were a few there, too)!

It was fun meeting everyone Saturday @ the show - I met a lot of really nice people!

Thanks to all the folks who came by for a listen to our Stonehenge V Speaker Systems - I hope you liked them!

Looking forward to next year!

(Closed circuit for Wayne: I'll send you some pic's today via e-mail: let us know where they will all be posted.)

Re: Had A Great Time @ The Show! [message #1538 is a reply to message #1537] Mon, 02 May 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Say Todd; is that a Fisher 600t reciever in the pic? Are you running the Stonehenge speaks off that? Thanks J.R.

Previous Topic: So who hooked up with Royal Cable?
Next Topic: Anyone have good 35mm photos of the GPAF?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 19:12:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio