Home » Audio » Speaker » Santana II
Santana II [message #15776] Tue, 03 March 2009 16:10 Go to next message
rsk is currently offline  rsk
Esquire
I have a pair of Altec Lansing Santana II vintage speakers hooked up to my stereo system now. I am going to change to a surround sound system soon and want to know if I can use these speakers in that system or should I buy a prepackaged system with speakers. Any recommendations for surround systems and how to go about selling the speakers if I change them.

Re: Santana II [message #15777 is a reply to message #15776] Wed, 04 March 2009 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You can use the Altec's as right and left channels, and get some others as surrounds. If I liked the speakers, that's probably what I would do. The hard part is matching a center channel to the left and right, but you can always go with a phantom center.

Re: Santana II [message #15778 is a reply to message #15777] Wed, 04 March 2009 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rsk is currently offline  rsk
Esquire
Yes,I like the speakers, but don't want to sacrifice performance by using the Santanas. By phantom center do you mean not using a center channel? If you were to buy a surround sound system which one would you buy?

Re: Santana II [message #15779 is a reply to message #15778] Wed, 04 March 2009 17:54 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm a manufacturer so I would use my own speakers.

Previous Topic: Celestion
Next Topic: the Hartley 10" full range driver
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 01:19:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout