Home » Audio » Speaker » Acculab speakers
Acculab speakers [message #15606] Sat, 03 November 2007 18:51 Go to next message
Xboxmastr14@aol.com is currently offline  Xboxmastr14@aol.com
Esquire
Has anyone heard of Acculab brand speakers? I have a rare pair of Acculabs (obviously they're rare because I can't find any infomation about them) and I'm curious to see if anyone knows about the brand. Their sound is unforgetable and if anyone is interested in these speakers I can provide you all the information for purchase.

they are Acculabâ„¢(s): Model 440A Controlled Dispersion Loudspeaker system

Re: Acculab speakers [message #15612 is a reply to message #15606] Mon, 05 November 2007 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
real_one is currently offline  real_one
Baron
The real Acculab 440 was made about 25 years ago and sold for $500/pair new. Since they've been out of business so long, the "white van" nonames have conscripted this name to pass for something other than what they are. Funny they chose that name, even the original item wasn't all that hot. The white van models, even less. Move along.

Re: Acculab speakers [message #15686 is a reply to message #15606] Sun, 08 June 2008 10:09 Go to previous message
Lucas Brown is currently offline  Lucas Brown
Esquire
Hi,
I used to have a pair of acculab speakers and have just purchased a pair on ebay. Have not received them yet but i remember the old ones i had and the sound quality was like perfect to the human ear. The ones i got on Ebay are exactly the same ones as you had, the controlled dispersion 440s. What can you tell me about them, like are they any good to take to a party and play? Thanks, Lucas.

Previous Topic: Jensen G610
Next Topic: What happened to everyone?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:35:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout