Home » Audio » Speaker » What speaker set up sound I purchase?
What speaker set up sound I purchase? [message #15497] Thu, 19 April 2007 23:11 Go to next message
Mike K. is currently offline  Mike K.
Esquire
Hi I've been search around a lot for a set of surround sound speakers that meet a very diverse set of needs:
~Must be compatible with my PC
~Must be compatible with game consoles such as PS2/PS3 etc
The speakers are for a fairly small space (Less than 8x8ft) so the power of the speakers isn't a huge issue. I've looked at the Logitech Z 5300e and the 5500 - I like the 5500, but I was hoping to find a less expensive solution. Right now it's down to two choices, but I'm open to suggestion.
Sony HT-DDW790 Component Home Theater System
Logitech Z 5300e:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121121
Thanks in advance for any responces!

Re: What speaker set up sound I purchase? [message #15498 is a reply to message #15497] Tue, 24 April 2007 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricardo is currently offline  Ricardo
Viscount
Hi Mike. I'm sorry I don't have specific experience with the speakers you mention, but I was wondering if you've considered how crucial the placement of the speakers would be in a small room, if they're fairly directional. It's just a thought.

At my computer, I have stereo monitors in a fairly small room about three feet from my head when I'm sitting at the computer, and I mix audio like that.

Re: What speaker set up sound I purchase? [message #15635 is a reply to message #15497] Sun, 13 January 2008 20:40 Go to previous message
wmaden is currently offline  wmaden
Esquire
If you want some speakers that are probably compatible with everything you mentioned here, you might want to look into Creative Labs, they are the ones who make the Soundblaster soundcards in computers, they also have a line of speakers as well.
I have a set of theirs I got a few years back that are hooked to my computer and it makes my computer sound as good or better as a lot of people's stereo systems that I've heard, plus you might like the price as well, at least on some of their systems.
I'm going to try putting in a link here to take you directly to them, but as this is my first time ever posting on a forum, hopefully I do it correctly.
Wayne

Previous Topic: Tannoy 10" Monitor Red LSU/HF/III-LZ Cornetta Cabinet
Next Topic: new high eff kit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:22:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers