Home » Audio » Speaker » H.H. Scott S-15 Speakers
H.H. Scott S-15 Speakers [message #14769] Fri, 12 November 2004 06:45 Go to next message
DanR is currently offline  DanR
Baron
Can anyone tell me about the H.H. Scott S-15 speaker? When they were produced? The specs.? Price?, etc.

I just picked up a pair of S-15 speakers and they sound wonderful when connected to my Scott 222C amp., Garrard Lab 80 / Shure M55E, and Scott 370 tuner. I figure that they must be from the early sixties.

Also -- if anyone has a problem with the Lab-80 turntable's thrust-bearing (the platter rides on it), there is a solution that can eliminate the bearing completely (and it elimnates a lot of the bearing rumble, too.). This solution should work on other turntables that have a problem thrust-bearing.

Re: H.H. Scott S-15 Speakers [message #14770 is a reply to message #14769] Sun, 14 November 2004 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lwalter is currently offline  lwalter
Esquire
See Scott website below. No mention of S-15 speakers, but you might be intersted in the site anyway.

Re: H.H. Scott S-15 Speakers [message #14771 is a reply to message #14770] Mon, 15 November 2004 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DanR is currently offline  DanR
Baron
Thank you for the referral to the Scott site. I went there and discovered that the list stops at the S12. I gave the speakers to a family memeber and I will examine them to determine if, in fact, they are S12s.

Re: H.H. Scott S-15 Speakers [message #14805 is a reply to message #14769] Sat, 04 December 2004 16:29 Go to previous message
NickS is currently offline  NickS
Esquire
I don't know any of the specs, but I have a set and they are AWSOME speakers! The tweeters are pretty limited rangewise, but they sound great. I've been tempted to purchase another set of H.H. Scott speaker off of ebay one of these days.
- Nick

Previous Topic: DSP xover and EQ with line arrays?
Next Topic: dahlquist speaker upgrading
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 16:44:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout