Home » Audio » Speaker » speaker cabinet plans
speaker cabinet plans [message #14640] Tue, 06 July 2004 05:15 Go to next message
johnny mc grory is currently offline  johnny mc grory
Esquire
Hi could anyone get plans for to build a set of 15"subwoofers i am going to use fane 15xb colosus's drivers

Re: speaker cabinet plans [message #14641 is a reply to message #14640] Tue, 06 July 2004 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
These are a complete set of drawings for 15" sub.

Re: speaker cabinet plans [message #14642 is a reply to message #14641] Thu, 08 July 2004 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey Bill,

Out of curiosity, are the baffle wings there for reasons of Structure? Acoustics? or Design?

Gar.

Re: speaker cabinet plans [message #14643 is a reply to message #14642] Thu, 08 July 2004 19:01 Go to previous message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hey Gar,

They help with the acoustics in that you have some directivity and baffle performance gains. It's a design ALE used on a series of cabinets at one time, and it has some improvements over a flat baffle. I dont know all the technicalities. I liked the style of the design so I blueprinted it using that style. There are some structural advantages too. You now have a much wider baffle that can be made from normal or thinner material since it is broken into 3 areas. The back of this cabinet is the problem that needs attention. It is a large area and needs bracing to connect to the sides and front or you have a drum head.

Bill

Previous Topic: My next pipe dream: Voigt Pipe with Goldwood 8"
Next Topic: Altec 515-8G
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:02:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers