Home » Audio » General » Photos online - Great Plains Audio Club meeting, February 12
Photos online - Great Plains Audio Club meeting, February 12 [message #1282] Sat, 12 February 2005 23:23 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

How did vintage 6BQ5 amps compare to Stoetkit? [message #1284 is a reply to message #1282] Mon, 14 February 2005 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Hi Wayne,
How did the vintage Scott and Pilot amplifiers compare to the Stoetkit jr? Since the vintage amplifiers look like they use tube rectifiers, I would asume that the sound was a little more vintage and rounded in nature.
Norris

I'm a big fan of the Stoetkit [message #1285 is a reply to message #1284] Mon, 14 February 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Jim's collection of amps is really cool. But I'm real enamoured with that Stoetkit, as you probably know. I think I'd rather have it, both for sound and looks. But you should probably sit down with these amps and compare them for yourself.

Re: Photos online - Great Plains Audio Club meeting, February 12 [message #60109 is a reply to message #1282] Wed, 08 July 2009 04:47 Go to previous message
perry is currently offline  perry
Chancellor
cool pics..with all of you guys..i am perry a newbie here !! i presumed they were all old models of amps..not really familiar with this things but i am beginning to learn from here..
Previous Topic: Welcome to Crescendo Systems!
Next Topic: Vinyl vs. CD @ HD. Score sheets and music from A.C.A.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:27:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio