Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Prayers for Israel
Prayers for Israel [message #97050] Mon, 09 October 2023 09:50 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I know you don't really need my prayers over there - you need bombs for Gaza. But I see you're into action there and I have every confidence in your warfighters.

Just wanted to say most of us here in America are 100% behind you in Israel.
Re: Prayers for Israel [message #97051 is a reply to message #97050] Mon, 09 October 2023 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
As usual, I'm the contrarian here. I'm sorry for the latest breakout of violence. Our world just can't seem to get along together. Israel is considered by the UN as an apartheid state. Their blockade will now be cutting off everything, including food and water, electricity. That's medieval. They've been squeezing the Palestinians since the formation of Israel. Taking their land and means to make a living. Like the Irish in Northern Ireland, this fight is portrayed as a religious war. But both examples determined as stemming from colonialism. Occupy, take, grab. Like we did to the American Indians.

I'll pray it all ends soon for the sake of killing on both sides. Just like in Ukraine.
Re: Prayers for Israel [message #97052 is a reply to message #97051] Mon, 09 October 2023 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I agree with you about being sorry for the breakout of violence. And I understand the length of the conflict - literally thousands of years old - and the added difficulties after Israel re-acquired their land in 1948. Some might say that differently, that they became a nation or other ways, and I'm not debating semantics. I just can see how difficult that all must have been and how it would have exacerbated tensions in that region.

I also agree with you that I hope somehow the sides will agree to forgive one-another and stop warring. But I also know that's easy to say from an armchair several thousand miles away. I do not mean to diminish anyone's pain or their reasons for resentments. I just would wish for compassion and humanity.

I'm definitely not a Muslim-basher. It's not religion that gets the trouble started - In my opinion, it's the lack of it. To me, the Hebrew, the Christians and the Muslims are all monotheistic Mesopotamians and I can identify with each of them.
Re: Prayers for Israel [message #97085 is a reply to message #97050] Mon, 23 October 2023 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
noodle is currently offline  noodle
Viscount
Not surprisingly, there seem to be generation differences regarding views of the conflict.

https://news.gallup.com/opinion/gallup/472796/young-adults-views-middle-east-changing.aspx
https://www.kqed.org/news/11964499/new-poll-shows-strong-american-support-for-israel-amid-generational-racial-divides

I'm projecting that Gen Z, on its own, would show starker numbers than the rest. Pray for peace.
Re: Prayers for Israel [message #97090 is a reply to message #97085] Tue, 24 October 2023 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Every time the Palestinians break out of their detention zone and commit their generational rage against Israel's Apartheid state. They are punished with impunity. The death toll in Gaza now is estimated over 5000, probably much more with the bodies eventually found in collapsed buildings. The Israeli's want to wipeout Hamas. Eradicate them. I don't think that is possible. They'll be degraded for sure. But the resentment and bitterness they endure, daily over the years will reform angry young men to fight against their oppressors.

The political regime in Israel now is incapable of reasoning for peace and making any concessions. I've read that isn't the consensus of many Israeli's though. I can only hope that their leader can be once again tossed out and his like minded cabinet members and eventually, more reasonable minds put in place there. It's been a travesty for too long in that part of the world.
Re: Prayers for Israel [message #97200 is a reply to message #97050] Sun, 19 November 2023 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
+1 Prayers for Israel
Re: Prayers for Israel [message #97207 is a reply to message #97200] Mon, 20 November 2023 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I like to get a broader perspective on world events other than what you can glean from corporate news media. Which usually is as in-depth as a kiddy wading pool. An interesting article on America's standards for geopolitical behavior. Calling it, rules based international order. Over the years this has become controversial in that it tends to be two faced. When it runs up against international law, the RBIO can be manipulated to justify our strategic stance.

https://www.thenation.com/article/world/rules-based-international-order-israel-gaza/
Re: Prayers for Israel [message #97271 is a reply to message #97207] Thu, 21 December 2023 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Have you no decency? The close of John Mearsheimer's substack article on the Gaza genocide. All with our government's blessings. Unyielding support of Netanyahu's ethnic cleansing, genocidal killing of innocent people. Mainly women and children according to UN statistics.
It seems that our foreign policy since the end of WWII has been nothing but sleazy subversive regime change and warmongering amounting to dubious outcomes and huge expenditures of blood and treasure. And collateral damage throughout the world. If that's spreading democracy and good will then I'd hate to imagine what malevolent intent might be.

https://mearsheimer.substack.com/p/death-and-destruction-in-gaza
Re: Prayers for Israel [message #97330 is a reply to message #97271] Fri, 12 January 2024 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I commend South Africa with its World Court case for Israel's long standing apartheid and current genocide against the Palestinians. It takes one to know one. South Africa's apartheid was finally vanquished in the early 90's. Since then they have joined the BRICS coalition to counter our dollar dominant perversion with sanctioning and trade entitlement. And now they're speaking out about the obvious and doing something that a majority of the world can't get done in the U.N. because of the US veto power.

It won't be enforceable, but it carries a statement of condemnation to a current regime that is not virtuous. Quite the opposite.

Re: Prayers for Israel [message #97471 is a reply to message #97330] Fri, 01 March 2024 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I have to speak out again in this thread of the total perversion that Israel is perpetrating on the people of Palestinian heritage. It's barbaric and brutal. The latest is the deliberate massacre of desperate, starving people lured to aid trucks to shoot at by the Israeli IDF. The trucks were not UN sponsored. As if starving a populous isn't reason enough for the World Courts ruling on their genocide behavior.
All the while our government keeps sending them implements of warfare to accomplish what their perverted leadership ulterior motives are. Ridding all Palestinians once and for all. SICK!
The victim becomes the perpetrator. As childhood violence begets a cycle of violence. The Israeli's behave as the Nazi's did to them.
Previous Topic: Age Discrimination
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:20:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout