Home » Audio » Source » Thank You Wayne!
Thank You Wayne! [message #13002] Fri, 21 July 2006 15:08 Go to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I want to publicly extend my biggest thanks to Wayne. He was generous enough to offer up for sale his Seduction kit to me here last week so I can move on to making some noise with the table. Soon as I decide what I want to do with the top plate I can start going. Someone suggested going to NAPA or someplace and getting a can of auto touchup spraypaint/primer/clearcoat. Lots of color selections and relatively inexpensive. I can't afford to have it anodized, chromed, or professionally painted.

Anyway---THANKS WAYNE!!!!

Shane

Re: Thank You Wayne! [message #13003 is a reply to message #13002] Fri, 21 July 2006 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
So; what didya pay?

Re: Thank You Wayne! [message #13004 is a reply to message #13003] Fri, 21 July 2006 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Well, the kit had the C4S and PT-1 trafo, so it had everything and I didn't pay more than I would've to order one from Bottlehead.

So I got a good deal as I didn't have to wait 6-8 weeks for one.

Re: Thank You Wayne! [message #13005 is a reply to message #13004] Sat, 22 July 2006 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
He charged you full price?

Re: Thank You Wayne! [message #13006 is a reply to message #13005] Sat, 22 July 2006 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
No, he made me an excellent deal which I will keep in confidence between Wayne and myself. Wayne has always treated me very fairly and honestly which has earned my respect.

Re: Thank You Wayne! [message #13007 is a reply to message #13006] Sat, 22 July 2006 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Oh I see sorry for the confusion; your post said you didn't pay more than you would have if you ordered it from Bottlehead so it sounded like you paid the full price. The price is usually listed when someone sells something so i assumed it wasn't a problem to name it.
BTW is it assembled?

Re: Thank You Wayne! [message #13008 is a reply to message #13007] Sat, 22 July 2006 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
No, it is not assembled. Everything was still factory packed in the unopened box from Bottlehead.

Let's me work on my p2p with a known entity before I tackle a scratch build which is good.

Re: Thank You Wayne! [message #13009 is a reply to message #13008] Sat, 22 July 2006 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well I assembled mine pretty quickly. I also did the Anticipation and the C4s and I am no technition. You just follow the instruction work slowly and double check every move with the photos. That should work fine as mine fired up on the first shot and never failed. It is a very good sounding pre-amp and unless you are shooting for the sky in terms of quality; 3/4k$ units won't disgrace the Seduction.
One thing; is Bottlehead going to honor the warranty if you buy second hand?

warranty [message #13011 is a reply to message #13009] Sun, 23 July 2006 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
No, BH will not honor the warranty since I was not the original purchaser as well as their warranty only goes 90 days now I believe. There is so much support on the BH forum though, that I can't imagine not being able to figure out a problem.

I'm looking forward to starting on it after I get back from Sturgis, but I really need to decide what I'm going to do with the top plate (if anything) and get it painted before I go so it has time to cure. Like I said, someone mentioned getting auto touchup spray paint as a cheaper, tough finish. Your thoughts?

Re: warranty [message #13012 is a reply to message #13011] Sun, 23 July 2006 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The Auto touch-up paint is what I used. I sprayed it after a thorough cleaning with alchohol and a chamois cloth. First I primed it then did three coats of the touch up paint in a nice beige color that matches the ashwood case really nicely. The paint has held up well three yrs so far. Other than that I did the tweaks on the Bottlehead site and it just plays along with any problems so far. In a nod to Wayne it does have a slight noticeable hum; although when I sit twelve feet back I can'tr hear it at my listening level.
I would build it soon in case there is a problem. You never know if a trans might be bad; it happens. And the boards can have a problem although it is very rare.

Previous Topic: Crossfader question
Next Topic: very low volume comes from the turntable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:06:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout