Home » Audio » General » Removing Background Noise
Removing Background Noise [message #90672] Thu, 11 July 2019 08:41 Go to next message
Groot is currently offline  Groot
Viscount
Is it possible to remove background noise through digital editing? I recorded my friend's song, but there were vehicles passing and dogs barking in the background, which I would like to remove. Is this a hard thing to do or would there be an application I can use for this purpose?
Re: Removing Background Noise [message #90692 is a reply to message #90672] Fri, 19 July 2019 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Yes it is possible. A program like Audacity will do it. Low level residual noise can be reduced in bulk in a recording and specific sounds one at a time. Please note though that a barking dog or passing car will not be possible as the maximum length of a single fix/repair is set by the program and it won't be able to smooth over such big things.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Removing Background Noise [message #90956 is a reply to message #90672] Sat, 28 September 2019 09:40 Go to previous message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Groot wrote on Thu, 11 July 2019 08:41
I recorded my friend's song, but there were vehicles passing and dogs barking in the background, which I would like to remove.
Part of the signature sound for some bands, Pink Floyd for example, IS the background noise. "Nobody Home" is a great example.

Since you can't eliminate it, see if it's possible to move those sounds to different parts of the song so as to make it sound like it was done to enhance the song.
Previous Topic: Your most disappointing buy?
Next Topic: Tapping The Microphone
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:01:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout