Home » Audio » General » Do people still "burn in" their equipment?
Do people still "burn in" their equipment? [message #86324] Sat, 14 October 2017 16:52 Go to next message
Zohanna is currently offline  Zohanna
Baron
I was reading an article that stated that you should burn in your equipment for at least 3 days. Does anyone else have an opinion on this?
Re: Do people still "burn in" their equipment? [message #86331 is a reply to message #86324] Sun, 15 October 2017 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Some people do. I don't. IMO the only things that might benefit from "burning in" are ones that have mechanical motion. Speakers, phono cartridges and similar devices, some things like vacuum tubes. I have never (in the 56 years I have been doing electronics) ever found anything to dispute it. It is certainly a topic that some believe in with vigor. Fine by me.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Do people still "burn in" their equipment? [message #86340 is a reply to message #86324] Tue, 17 October 2017 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zohanna is currently offline  Zohanna
Baron
I wrote this question because a friend of mine told me to "burn in" my new equipment. I take my stuff out of the box and turn it on. No burn in there. But he insists that if I don't, I'll be sorry later.....
Re: Do people still "burn in" their equipment? [message #86341 is a reply to message #86324] Tue, 17 October 2017 12:43 Go to previous message
WorkingWoman2017 is currently offline  WorkingWoman2017
Viscount
Maybe this is a through back to when everything was not solid state. All older technology might need a bit of a warm up before blasting it. Just a thought.
Previous Topic: The "New" Audiophiles
Next Topic: Favorite Music Creation Software
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:13:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout