Home » Audio » Source » Project debut III Question.
Project debut III Question. [message #12195] Sun, 29 May 2005 07:11 Go to next message
BobEddie is currently offline  BobEddie
Esquire
Hi, i was going to get a project debut 3. Over here in aus, its $400. Is it worth getting the phono sb (speed box) version which is 200 more, or should i just get an amp that has phono on it and get the normal debut 3? at the moment im prob going for the normal one, and i stole my sisters stereo which has phono inputs that i can just hook it up to for the time being. any other advice on getting or reasons why i shouldnt get this turntable would be appreciated. thanks.

Re: Project debut III Question. [message #12196 is a reply to message #12195] Sun, 29 May 2005 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I say get the speed box version and also return the stolen stereo to your sister before we tell her where it went.

Why get the speedbox version? [message #12197 is a reply to message #12196] Tue, 31 May 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BobEddie is currently offline  BobEddie
Esquire
Is it that much better? and i only borrowed the stereo.

Re: Why get the speedbox version? [message #12198 is a reply to message #12197] Tue, 31 May 2005 13:21 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Well: I would say think in terms of what a turntable wants to do. Turn at a fixed speed regardless of load. Turn smoothly with no friction and keep the stylus perfectly tangent to the groove. So with the speedbox; you get the best of the first requirement settled as the table is much more accurately gauged. That leaves just the other two parameters to improve on.
I see it as the best solution for that problem. I beleive you will hear it in a better presentation of the music.
Borrowed? I've heard that before.

Previous Topic: Anyone has Luxman PD350/310 for sale?
Next Topic: Is a DUAL 1210 any good?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 03:25:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout