Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Can singing be taught?
Can singing be taught? [message #84867] Sat, 01 April 2017 12:43 Go to next message
Singlow is currently offline  Singlow
Chancellor
I was just reading through some of the threads here, and I have to wonder if singing can be taught or if it's something that you have to be born with. What do you think?
Re: Can singing be taught? [message #84877 is a reply to message #84867] Mon, 03 April 2017 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
Music can be taught but I have a strong belief that you need to have the natural ability to sing. If you can't sing completely then I don't think teaching can change that.
Re: Can singing be taught? [message #84905 is a reply to message #84877] Fri, 07 April 2017 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vhfspeeks is currently offline  vhfspeeks
Viscount
As long as they weren't born tone deaf I think most people can be taught the basics of sustaining tones and projecting their voice. Whether they would be good at it depends a lot on their natural talent e.g. if they just don't have the lung capacity, they won't be able to hold notes as long.
Re: Can singing be taught? [message #84929 is a reply to message #84877] Sun, 09 April 2017 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
drake wrote on Mon, 03 April 2017 04:50
I have a strong belief that you need to have the natural ability to sing.

If you have the natural ability to talk, you have the natural ability to sing. All you need are vocal chords. But some people do not have the natural ability to sing in tune. That's what taught. How to sing in the proper tune.
Re: Can singing be taught? [message #84931 is a reply to message #84867] Sun, 09 April 2017 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chatzy02 is currently offline  chatzy02
Baron
I also believe that singing is a skill that can be taught to anyone. It also comes down to whether or not the person is willing to do whatever it takes to learn.
Re: Can singing be taught? [message #85037 is a reply to message #84867] Sun, 23 April 2017 17:15 Go to previous message
Amber is currently offline  Amber
Baron
Music can definitely be taught. Just look at these singing shows where a contestant comes on with an OK voice, but by the end of the season after being coached and having vocal lessons they have phenomenal voices.

-Amber
Previous Topic: What draws you in?
Next Topic: What are you looking forward to this year?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:41:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio