Home » Audio » Movies & Music » What's after 3D?
What's after 3D? [message #84785] Sun, 19 March 2017 04:59 Go to next message
Ssal is currently offline  Ssal
Viscount
I was just watching a movie in 3D and I wondered about what may be coming next. Do you have any idea what we have to look forward to when it comes to movie viewing?
Re: What's after 3D? [message #84849 is a reply to message #84785] Wed, 29 March 2017 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
HD 3D, then ultra high HD 3D, then extra ultra HD 3D.

There won't be any discernible difference in video quality, but it will be marketed as such with a higher price tag, so consumers will believe it's better......and buy it. Laughing

But on a lighter note, look for more innovation in convex screens in the larger models.....like 72" and up. You can't get more in detail than 3D, but improvements can be made in how that 3D is viewed. Different angles and all.
Re: What's after 3D? [message #84866 is a reply to message #84785] Sat, 01 April 2017 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Singlow is currently offline  Singlow
Chancellor
Wow, Nouri, you really seem to know your stuff. One thing I've learned from the history of inventions is that just when you think they can't do something better, someone comes up with a bigger and better way. I think there's still more surprises in store for us.
Re: What's after 3D? [message #84963 is a reply to message #84785] Mon, 10 April 2017 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ssal is currently offline  Ssal
Viscount
You're so right. I think that it's going to come as a great big surprise because we won't be expecting whatever is coming out next due to our limited view right now. All I know is that it's going to blow our minds.
Re: What's after 3D? [message #84995 is a reply to message #84785] Mon, 17 April 2017 12:16 Go to previous message
Amber is currently offline  Amber
Baron
Hello. A couple of years ago, I went to Stone Mountain and they had a movie playing (I can't remember the name for the life of me.) Anyways, instead of just regular 3-D where it mainly focuses on visuals, they also incorporated the other senses. Like for example, when it was raining in the movie it started to also rain slightly in the movie theater and when the wind blew in the movie it blew in the theater. So maybe advancing that is next?

-Amber
Previous Topic: Game of Thrones season 7
Next Topic: Where did good music go to?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:09:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers