Home » Audio » General » Unusual recordings or curiosities?
Unusual recordings or curiosities? [message #84640] Mon, 27 February 2017 12:54 Go to next message
vhfspeeks is currently offline  vhfspeeks
Viscount
I stumbled over a youtube recording of Ave Maria sung by Alessandro Moreschi, the last castrato recorded onto wax cylinder. It is the only recording of a basilica castrato to exist. Are there any other youtube audio oddities or unique performances like this? I'd like to expand my experiences!
Re: Unusual recordings or curiosities? [message #84671 is a reply to message #84640] Sun, 05 March 2017 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I don't know, but I would like to know how much that recording is worth! Sounds like a collectors dream.

The only oddity I can think of right now is when Pat Boone did a cover album of all heavy metal songs.
Re: Unusual recordings or curiosities? [message #84699 is a reply to message #84640] Wed, 08 March 2017 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vernon is currently offline  Vernon
Baron
Your experiences sound pretty well expanded to me! I know my tastes aren't as sophisticated as I would like them to be, but that recording of Ave Maria sounds like something I might like to explore myself.
Re: Unusual recordings or curiosities? [message #84713 is a reply to message #84640] Thu, 09 March 2017 16:10 Go to previous message
chatzy02 is currently offline  chatzy02
Baron
It's always great to educate yourself on these kind of things so that you don't look like a complete caveman in front of people.
Previous Topic: Buying first sub woofer
Next Topic: Reducing noise when recording
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 12:33:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout