Home » Audio » General » Night Music And Day Music
Night Music And Day Music [message #84290] Wed, 11 January 2017 12:24 Go to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Have you noticed if there is a difference in your preferred listening habits in the day and then in the night?

For instance, are you more prone to listen to easygoing music in the nighttime and louder, faster music in the daytime?
Re: Night Music And Day Music [message #84296 is a reply to message #84290] Thu, 12 January 2017 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finn is currently offline  Finn
Viscount
I do notice this sometimes. There are also times that it depends on what kind of day I'm having. Sometimes I just can't listen to fast music at all because I'm already stressed out. Have you ever noticed this before?
Re: Night Music And Day Music [message #84297 is a reply to message #84290] Fri, 13 January 2017 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PianoGrrl is currently offline  PianoGrrl
Baron
I'm the opposite. During the day when I feel stressed about work and need to stay calm I'll listen to something slow and peaceful. Once I'm off work and can cut loose, it will be something fast with a beat, or jazz!
Re: Night Music And Day Music [message #84298 is a reply to message #84290] Fri, 13 January 2017 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It all depends on my mood. Mostly, I'll listen to something quiet when I get off work, but if I had a rough day I'll need Motley Crue at 3 in the morning to calm me down.
Re: Night Music And Day Music [message #84299 is a reply to message #84290] Fri, 13 January 2017 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gemmel is currently offline  Gemmel
Baron
Actually, for us night owls, I find that I'm the opposite. I relax a lot during the day and I get lots of energy at night and that is reflected in my music tastes.
Re: Night Music And Day Music [message #84356 is a reply to message #84290] Thu, 19 January 2017 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bcharlton is currently offline  bcharlton
Viscount
Azuri wrote on Wed, 11 January 2017 12:24
Have you noticed if there is a difference in your preferred listening habits in the day and then in the night?

For instance, are you more prone to listen to easygoing music in the nighttime and louder, faster music in the daytime?

I prefer to listen to louder music during the day and calm music at night. I agree that it may depend on the mood at a particular point in time. There are instances where I never want to listen to any kind of music.
Re: Night Music And Day Music [message #84376 is a reply to message #84290] Sun, 22 January 2017 08:46 Go to previous message
sawyer25 is currently offline  sawyer25
Master
I guess we all have preferences. Interestingly, I prefer calm music irrespective of whether it is day or night. Loud music literally disorganizes my mind, so to speak.
Previous Topic: Building audio cables from scratch
Next Topic: Mozart Is The King
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:47:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout