Home » Audio » General » Great Plains November Community Meeting
Great Plains November Community Meeting [message #1030] Tue, 26 October 2004 06:53 Go to next message
Bob Soden is currently offline  Bob Soden
Chancellor
This is and announcement for the upcoming Great Plains Audio Community Meeting taking place in Owasso, Oklahoma on the 13th of November.
This is my first posting on this site, and for those of you who do not know me, I am Bob Soden, formally from Tulsa, now residing in Owasso.
The event will take place on Saturday November 13th at around 2:00 PM at my place. I have not been a dedicated audiophile for quite some time, but still have all some of my old equipment, mixed in with some new, in good condition. It is a basically a thumper, good speakers that like to eat the juice, and lots of power for them. We can play cd/s or vinyls, which I have a good selection of classic rock from the 70s and 80s. I have some good condition 45s that have a distinct sound, you may enjoy.
Nevertheless, bring whatever you may want to share. I am very interested to hear some good tube amps, hooked to Wayne’s corner horns, and I think everyone would like to “hear” from you all in regards to your systems. Preferences and tastes. We do have extra space to set up additional units. I have my one system set up in the Great Room, but enough space for additional systems, and another room or two, we can use for additional sounds.
But most importantly, we will have food and drinks, lots of it, with great people , and a varied and large assortment of good music to listen to. We also have a HDTV for anyone interested, and of course surround sound.
My house is really quite easy to get to. Everyone knows how to get to HWY 169? Well I live off the 96th St N exit. Once you exit go west. You will come to Mingo ( traffic light), go straight, then take the 2nd left, into Fairways III ( you will see a miniature gingerbread guard shack in the median to the development). Take your next right, and it is the first house you will see on your right. Address is 10205 E 95 Crcl N. House phone is (918) 274-3816. So, come one, come all to the 3rd Annual Great Plains Audio Community Meeting.
E-mail me with your questions rjs3357@cox.net
Thanks
Bob

Re: Great Plains November Community Meeting [message #1031 is a reply to message #1030] Tue, 26 October 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Hi Bob,

Sounds great! I'll be there for sure.

With Katya being involved, I'm sure Alona will come too. Sometimes our meetings are "just the guys" but sometimes the gals come too. Looks like this one will be coed.

Wayne

Re: Great Plains November Community Meeting [message #1032 is a reply to message #1031] Tue, 26 October 2004 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Katya has already made plans to be there and help with the food, and other preparations. It should be fun, and coed is ok, but no wining allowed!

Bob

Re: Great Plains November Community Meeting [message #1033 is a reply to message #1032] Tue, 26 October 2004 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
No whining or no winning?!!

Maybe a door prize?

(Sometimes a fat-finger can be so funny)

Re: Great Plains November Community Meeting [message #1034 is a reply to message #1033] Tue, 26 October 2004 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
No Whining, especially about loud music, and the door prize is if it does not hit her in the ass......just kidding..... fat finger..... ok..

Re: Great Plains November Community Meeting [message #1045 is a reply to message #1034] Sat, 30 October 2004 11:11 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Look outside; It's lookin' like motorcycle weather to me! What do you think?

Previous Topic: System Outage
Next Topic: Did everyone set their clocks back?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:47:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio