Home » Audio » General » The hardest chords in a guitar
The hardest chords in a guitar [message #82782] Fri, 03 June 2016 11:24 Go to next message
moss24 is currently offline  moss24
Viscount
I would not say I am a guitar guru since I am still learning but the hardest chord for me would have to be F#. The easiest keys would be G, C and D.
Re: The hardest chords in a guitar [message #82783 is a reply to message #82782] Fri, 03 June 2016 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
I have heard the "F" chord being referred to by it's real 4 letter name, but I won't say it here. This is a family board.

Whatever chord makes you play Twister with your fingers is the hardest chord in my opinion.
Re: The hardest chords in a guitar [message #82784 is a reply to message #82782] Fri, 03 June 2016 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silver is currently offline  Silver
Viscount
What is the "hardest" chord defined by? Finger placement, or finding a suitable use for it in a song? I heard somewhere that the "F" chord is one of the fewest found in the more popular songs.
Re: The hardest chords in a guitar [message #82789 is a reply to message #82784] Sun, 05 June 2016 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
Silver wrote on Fri, 03 June 2016 15:14
What is the "hardest" chord defined by? Finger placement, or finding a suitable use for it in a song? I heard somewhere that the "F" chord is one of the fewest found in the more popular songs.

To me, the 'hardest chord' would have to be determined by the finger placement. Once you have grasped that, finding its use in a song will be easy.

I am looking forward to being a great guitarist; I am still getting my feet wet.
Re: The hardest chords in a guitar [message #82792 is a reply to message #82782] Mon, 06 June 2016 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Melita is currently offline  Melita
Esquire
Bar chords! I have short fat fingers and my hand just won't get into that position, although to be honest I'm not particularly good at any of the chords.
Re: The hardest chords in a guitar [message #82793 is a reply to message #82782] Mon, 06 June 2016 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drake is currently offline  drake
Master
I know what it means to have fat fingers. During my first ever guitar class, I had great difficulty playing the chords and most of the time, my fingers were pressing two strings.

I think it is harder to play the guitar if you have fat fingers. Perhaps they should design one specifically for us folks.
Re: The hardest chords in a guitar [message #82823 is a reply to message #82782] Mon, 13 June 2016 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Melita is currently offline  Melita
Esquire
I find it easier on guitars with thinner necks, but even then I have difficulties avoiding pushing on two strings, my fingers are short aswell so I might just have to give up trying.
Re: The hardest chords in a guitar [message #82833 is a reply to message #82823] Thu, 16 June 2016 01:18 Go to previous message
cwemoy is currently offline  cwemoy
Master
Melita wrote on Mon, 13 June 2016 06:28
I find it easier on guitars with thinner necks, but even then I have difficulties avoiding pushing on two strings, my fingers are short as well so I might just have to give up trying.

It seems to me that you have been playing the guitar for quite some time. No need to give up though. Do you play any other instrument?
Previous Topic: A listening chair
Next Topic: Headphones shorting out in the same place
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:56:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout