Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4 Pi speakers (Yuichi 480FL horn)
4 Pi speakers (Yuichi 480FL horn) [message #80764] Tue, 28 October 2014 05:29 Go to next message
kongarne is currently offline  kongarne
Chancellor
Hi Smile

Just finished a speaker project a week ago, I am not sure these are approved as PI 4 speakers as they have some modifications
I used the Yuichi 480FL horn, the cabinet are about the correct size, flipped around 180 degrees

index.php?t=getfile&id=1569&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=1570&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=1571&private=0

They sound very good! With Eminence all the way Smile

index.php?t=getfile&id=1574&private=0

Re: 4 Pi speakers (Yuichi 480FL horn) [message #80765 is a reply to message #80764] Tue, 28 October 2014 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Those are beautiful speakers! I always loved Yuichi's wood horns. They are partly what inspired me to make my first waveguides, which were made of wood. Now I make the H290C waveguides out of plastic, using an injection mold. Makes them much more cost effective. But I love the wood horns, they're so attractive!

I might suggest that you dial-in your crossover using the method described in the thread called, "Crossover optimization for DI-matched two-way speakers" or a similar process. My crossovers are designed for use with the H290C waveguide, which has different acoustic impedance and a different acoustic center. So since you're using a different HF horn, summing could probably be improved with a few small tweaks.

Re: 4 Pi speakers (Yuichi 480FL horn) [message #80766 is a reply to message #80765] Tue, 28 October 2014 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Thank you very much Wayne, the Yuichi's looks very good!

i will try to read me up on the crossover link you gave me, i do not have any experience on crossovers, maby it can sound even better with a few adjustments Smile

do you think changing from core to foil inductors is an Upgrade?

i also have JBL 2225H if you think i should change out the 15" Eminence

regards
Arne Olav

index.php?t=getfile&id=1575&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=1576&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=1577&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=1578&private=0
Re: 4 Pi speakers (Yuichi 480FL horn) [message #80767 is a reply to message #80766] Wed, 29 October 2014 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Speakers with flux modulation control sound better than those without. That's the benefit of the JBL drivers. But I do think whichever driver you use, you'll probably want to check the crossover nd make sure it's adjusted for proper summing. The crossover is integrally tied to the horn and drivers used.

Re: 4 Pi speakers (Yuichi 480FL horn) [message #80770 is a reply to message #80767] Thu, 30 October 2014 02:47 Go to previous message
Chancellor
ok, thank you Wayne Smile

I bought the TrueRta level4 yesterday and will try to learn how to do this properly Smile I bought a mic and a usb "mic-mate" with phantom 48v some years ago....

The JBL 2225H is used and needs a clean, so I will try to learn this with the eminence drivers until the JBL's are ready Smile

Hope I can get some advice along the way

regards
Arne Olav

Previous Topic: 4Pi
Next Topic: 4Pi without subwoofer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:59:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio