Home » Audio » General » Sound fading in and out on TV
Sound fading in and out on TV [message #80324] Thu, 28 August 2014 14:24 Go to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
We haven't even had this TV for that long, maybe just a couple of years now, and the sound is starting to randomly fade in and out. How can this be fixed or does this mean we are officially on our way to needing a new TV?
Re: Sound fading in and out on TV [message #80392 is a reply to message #80324] Thu, 04 September 2014 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
That's odd. It's not restricted to a particular station or anything? You could get a repair estimate but you might be better off getting a new TV. Also check to make sure your warranty hasn't expired.
Re: Sound fading in and out on TV [message #80395 is a reply to message #80324] Thu, 04 September 2014 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
I'm pretty sure our warranty expired; I think we only had a year from the date of purchase (at best). It does seem to be restricted just to Netflix, though. Maybe that is the problem.
Re: Sound fading in and out on TV [message #80406 is a reply to message #80324] Fri, 05 September 2014 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Since you only notice the problem with Netflix, read this article and see if it helps you. They even specifically mention sound fading in and out.
Re: Sound fading in and out on TV [message #80425 is a reply to message #80395] Sun, 07 September 2014 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lizard is currently offline  Lizard
Chancellor
iLoveiPod wrote on Thu, 04 September 2014 15:54
I'm pretty sure our warranty expired; I think we only had a year from the date of purchase (at best). It does seem to be restricted just to Netflix, though. Maybe that is the problem.

Then I would assume Netflix is the problem. It is most likely not your TV then. I would read up on it online and see if other people are experiencing the same issue as you.
Re: Sound fading in and out on TV [message #80426 is a reply to message #80406] Sun, 07 September 2014 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Nymeria wrote on Fri, 05 September 2014 09:31
Since you only notice the problem with Netflix, read this article and see if it helps you. They even specifically mention sound fading in and out.

Thanks for posting that link, Nymeria; I'll be sure to read the article. Hopefully I can get this taken care of because it is one heck of an aggravating problem!
Re: Sound fading in and out on TV [message #80446 is a reply to message #80426] Wed, 10 September 2014 18:33 Go to previous message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
iLoveiPod wrote on Sun, 07 September 2014 20:53
Nymeria wrote on Fri, 05 September 2014 09:31

Thanks for posting that link, Nymeria; I'll be sure to read the article. Hopefully I can get this taken care of because it is one heck of an aggravating problem!

iLoveiPod -- Were you ever able to get this problem fixed? I have Netflix, too, but I haven't had this problem (luckily). That makes me wonder if the issue is isolated to streaming through certain devices.
Previous Topic: Reclocker?
Next Topic: Virtual Reality Headsets -- Audio Quality?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:41:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio