Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Stigmata
Stigmata [message #79161] Thu, 30 January 2014 05:00 Go to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
Who here has seen Stigmata? We have HBO GO and watched it yesterday. I spent about half the movie trying to figure out where I knew Patricia Arquette from, only to finally figure it out at the end that she's the girl from the show Medium.

For those of you that have seen the movie, what are your thoughts on the alleged gospel of St. Thomas?
Re: Stigmata [message #79165 is a reply to message #79161] Thu, 30 January 2014 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pioneer is currently offline  Pioneer
Viscount
I've seen Stigmata. The movie wasn't that great but I found it interesting that there might be more gospels than what are in the Bible. Makes me wonder what they say and why the Catholic church would have refused to allow them into the Bible.
Re: Stigmata [message #79177 is a reply to message #79161] Thu, 30 January 2014 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It isn't alleged, it is part of the Nag Hammadi texts. It is as legitimate as an ancient text can be, it just wasn't canonized. That's a mute point, in my opinion. I find the Nag Hammadi texts quite compelling, personally.

Re: Stigmata [message #79205 is a reply to message #79177] Sat, 01 February 2014 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pioneer is currently offline  Pioneer
Viscount
Wayne Parham wrote on Thu, 30 January 2014 17:21

It isn't alleged, it is part of the Nag Hammadi texts. It is as legitimate as an ancient text can be, it just wasn't canonized. That's a mute point, in my opinion. I find the Nag Hammadi texts quite compelling, personally.

What do the Nag Hammadi texts say? What about them do you find compelling? Why do you think their existence hasn't been publicized or advertised to the extent that the texts in the Bible have? I just don't understand why the church was picking and choosing what they put into the Bible and leaving other stuff out.
Re: Stigmata [message #79210 is a reply to message #79161] Sat, 01 February 2014 14:43 Go to previous message
Smitty is currently offline  Smitty
Baron
There are plenty of Gospels that were not put into what today's Christians know as the Bible. If you don't know much about how or why certain Gospels were left out, I suggest Googling the Council of Nicaea. As for the movie, it was okay.
Previous Topic: Pandora
Next Topic: New movies in winter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:13:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout