Home » Audio » General » Knowledgeable Sales Staff
Knowledgeable Sales Staff [message #78882] Sun, 05 January 2014 13:00 Go to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
Do you think that the sales staff in stores that sell audio equipment are becoming less knowledgeable? I hear stories about customers who are tried to be led away from the high end gear and to the equipment that doesn't cost as much. Could this be because the staff simply doesn't know much about high end equipment?
Re: Knowledgeable Sales Staff [message #78883 is a reply to message #78882] Sun, 05 January 2014 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
You could be right. I haven't heard of salespeople doing this, but it wouldn't surprise me. With all the funding cuts in public schools, especially in the arts, people just aren't learning as much as they used to.
Re: Knowledgeable Sales Staff [message #79034 is a reply to message #78882] Thu, 23 January 2014 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
I think most of the lower end retail stores (Wal-Mart, Best Buy) employ people who don't know much, if anything at all, about the electronics they are selling. I remember going into Radio Shack back in the day and they could tell you a thing or two, but these guys now just want the paycheck.
Re: Knowledgeable Sales Staff [message #79041 is a reply to message #79034] Thu, 23 January 2014 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Radio Shack is now mostly a phone store in our area. Long gone are the days they sold electronics. I remember when they were just two stores in Massachusetts.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Knowledgeable Sales Staff [message #79234 is a reply to message #78882] Sun, 02 February 2014 20:56 Go to previous message
Headphones is currently offline  Headphones
Chancellor
I think they aren't very knowledgeable at department stores such as Walmart and Meijer. As far as being led to more affordable equipment goes, I always seem to be led to the more expensive stuff.
Previous Topic: NAS Drives
Next Topic: Blue Tooth Speakers, Headsets, etc
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:45:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout