Home » Audio » General » Vinyl Record Day
Vinyl Record Day [message #78878] Sun, 05 January 2014 11:48 Go to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Have you ever wished that there was a nationally recognized holiday for vinyl records? Well, you're not the only one. Adding to my ever-growing list of interesting web-sites, here you go:

http://www.vinylrecordday.com/

Re: Vinyl Record Day [message #78884 is a reply to message #78878] Sun, 05 January 2014 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
If I get paid to take the day off, sure, I'm all for it.

I don't think THAT will ever happen, but I think it's a good idea. Vinyl has had a great impact on society and it should be recognized.
Re: Vinyl Record Day [message #78898 is a reply to message #78878] Mon, 06 January 2014 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
I clicked on that site and they mentioned something about postage stamps. That's an interesting idea as well. I think individual states will do something like this before the feds do. Just a hunch.
Re: Vinyl Record Day [message #78916 is a reply to message #78878] Wed, 08 January 2014 07:48 Go to previous message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
I can see why it'd be neat to have a vinyl record day, but I wouldn't expect it to gain much recognition, either. A vinyl records stamp series would be cool too.
Previous Topic: Humidity And Electronics
Next Topic: Sensory Overload
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:58:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout