Home » Audio » General » Headphones Cause Hearing Loss?
Headphones Cause Hearing Loss? [message #78067] Wed, 09 October 2013 15:42 Go to next message
Gentry is currently offline  Gentry
Chancellor
I was listening to some radio talk show and they had this doctor going on about how headphones used with stereos, video games and cell phones can cause permanent hearing loss. I know that excessive volume of any kind can cause hearing damage but to blame it on the headphones is going overboard in my opinion.
Re: Headphones Cause Hearing Loss? [message #78092 is a reply to message #78067] Sun, 13 October 2013 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Round2 is currently offline  Round2
Viscount
Did they mention why headphones are causing hearing loss? Is it from the volume being too high? I've warned my son that if he continues to listen to music at a high volume he will start to have hearing loss.
Re: Headphones Cause Hearing Loss? [message #78185 is a reply to message #78067] Thu, 24 October 2013 05:46 Go to previous message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
People tend to turn headphones up quite a bit so they don't hear ambient noises interfering with the music. They don't even realize how loud it is. With all that noise blasting directly into the ear canal, it's not surprising that people who wear headphones are more likely to deal with hearing loss.
Previous Topic: Sound Hound!
Next Topic: Linda Ronstadt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 06:43:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout