Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Making immigrants legal?
Making immigrants legal? [message #76317] Tue, 16 April 2013 08:32 Go to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
I don't like the sound of the fact that the Senate wants to make the illegal residents legal. If anything, they need to round them up and get them out! On the other hand, I have no problem if they start getting real jobs and paying taxes, like everyone else. Since we don't even have enough jobs for "our own", I worry that they will more likely take advantage of welfare benefits.
Re: Making immigrants legal? [message #76327 is a reply to message #76317] Tue, 16 April 2013 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
I don't really see the harm in making illegal residents legal, because they are already here and working, so making existing residents legal isn't going to have any more of an impact on our job prospects than what we are already faced with now. Plus, it would force them to get social security numbers and start filing taxes. As for letting them on welfare, maybe we could institute a stipulation against that, where only natural born citizens would qualify.
Re: Making immigrants legal? [message #76414 is a reply to message #76327] Sun, 21 April 2013 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
Kenwoody that sounds good, but it will never happen. A large portion of our welfare and food stamp budget is already spent on illegal immigrants. The paper work even stipulates that your legal status will not preclude you from getting benefits. I say round them up, send them home, and let them try again the right way.
Re: Making immigrants legal? [message #76533 is a reply to message #76414] Sat, 27 April 2013 23:25 Go to previous message
Thermionic is currently offline  Thermionic
Master
I agree with Danny and LuvMartin in that I too believe that rewarding criminals for their breaking the law is a very serious mistake indeed. They are not "undocumented immigrants," nor any of the other whitewashed and sanitized terms that the news media and politicians have came up with for "criminals." They are just exactly that, criminals, because they are here illegally.

Fact is, if one of us got caught in Mexico illegally, we'd be doing a couple of months wasting away in a scorching hot Mexican jail, with daily beatings, before being roughed up one last time and thrown face first on a government bus back to the border, where we'd be kicked off face first into the dirt. And, even if you are there legally, just try and see what happens when you tell them you refuse to learn Spanish; that instead they'll have to speak and provide everything in English for your personal convenience.

But yet, someone can come here illegally and get free health care, education, food, housing, and all kinds of other government assistance and benefits, plus obtain a driver's license, legally buy a house and own a car, and live like kings on our dime on a permanent basis; all without ever paying one cent in income taxes or Social Security. In other words, all the usual things that the government normally gives for free to assorted thugs, and punks who are too lazy to work but denies hard working, law abiding, tax paying U.S. citizens who are down on their luck at the time, right when they need it the most.

Of course, the system to accomplish this has been put in place by the politicians in the District of Criminals, who hope to someday legislate the illegals' right to vote, so they can elect and re-elect said politicians. What the haughty, elitist politicians don't seem to have a clue about is that the vast majority of illegals absolutely do not want to be U.S. citizens, because if they were, they'd be denied everything they're now getting for free, not to mention they'd have to pay income taxes.

Plus, most all have no loyalty to the U.S. whatsoever and care absolutely nothing about it or its people; they are fully loyal to their own home country and their own race and culture. For goodness' sake, THEY BROKE THE U.S. IMMIGRATION LAWS BY EVEN COMING HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE, and show a total disregard for them and our society by continuing to break the law each and every day they remain here. Yet somehow, in the twisted minds of our bleeding-heart, touchy-feely feel-good politicians and activist groups, they deserve to be richly rewarded for breaking the law, while U.S. citizens are punished without mercy for the same.

Sadly, all state government agencies and a huge percentage of businesses here in the state of Arkansas cater to Hispanic illegals, by providing Spanish speaking employees and literature in Spanish. I'm sure Arkansas is like most states in that it provides the written driver's license exam in Spanish, and then provides the driving test in Spanish, even though all road signs and warnings are in English! I find this nauseating. I mean hey, THEY"RE HERE ILLEGALLY, for God's sakes!!! When they come in for the test and can't provide verifiable documentation, the State Trooper who gives the driver's test should arrest them and turn them over to the proper agency for deportation. But, we're too "civilized" to defend our own people, nation, and uphold our own laws because "it might offend someone." And, sadly also too "civilized" to do 100 million other things that would have thwarted or at least greatly slowed the political, economic, and social cancers that are daily consuming America away. Saddest of all, we long ago missed our window of opportunity to do anything about it.

Thermionic
Previous Topic: Audiobooks
Next Topic: Deafness and Rock and Roll
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:38:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers