Home » Audio » General » How Many Amplifiers are in Your Listening Room Today
How Many Amplifiers are in Your Listening Room Today [message #75049] Wed, 26 December 2012 20:35 Go to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, I have decided that I must have obsessive traits. Amplifiers come home to me, or often as not get built by me and stay forever. My listening room has once again run out of space and some have to move to the storage area. Presently there is a pair of KT120 mono blocks, a pair of KT88 mono blocks, a pair of EL84 mono blocks, two Poddwatt prototypes (EL84 stereo amps) a newly constructed KT77 stereo integrated amp (all the bells and whistles incl wireless digital remote control) and if you count the amps inside the Martin Logan powered subs two more. Only 11. I have lost count of how many more are sitting on shelves in the den and in the storage area. BTW there are three preamps and one headphone amp also in the listing area. Anyone else out there with this affliction? Rolling Eyes

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: How Many Amplifiers are in Your Listening Room Today [message #75050 is a reply to message #75049] Thu, 27 December 2012 09:19 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yeah, Bruce, you know I'm kind of like you. Not only do I own every model of my loudspeakers, but I have more than enough amps to drive them. So even though I have sound systems in my living room, bedroom and in two offices, Tulsa and Bentonville, I still have so many that some are just stored and get swapped in every now and then. I whittled down the extra hardware some last summer, after going to that passive preamp prototype that you built me, I got rid of all my other preamps. But I still have probably a dozen amps. Aaah, but there's room for more... Smile

(...and don't get me started on old tube radios.)

Previous Topic: PC to Smartphone
Next Topic: Garage Systems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:07:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout