Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Chic-fil-a hoopla
Chic-fil-a hoopla [message #73422] Mon, 30 July 2012 23:24 Go to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
Everyone I know seems to be on one side or the other of the whole Chic-fil-a supporting marriage as between a man and a woman "scandal". How can anyone be suprised that this is how they feel? Isn't it their right to express their feelings just like it is ours?

I don't care if they support a purple spotted cow for president their chicken is delicious!
Re: Chic-fil-a hoopla [message #73423 is a reply to message #73422] Mon, 30 July 2012 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It's nuts, isn't it?

Re: Chic-fil-a hoopla [message #73431 is a reply to message #73423] Tue, 31 July 2012 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Nuts for sure... I generally figure that it is easier to take my business to places I like and not go to ones I don't. That would include the stance taken by the owners on such subjects. I figure they have a right to their opinions and I am not forced to use their services as long as others exist. My personal thought is that far to many people try to use such things to further their own beliefs and forget that the other persons might have different ones. Lighten up world. Sorry now jumping down off the soapbox.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Chic-fil-a hoopla [message #73472 is a reply to message #73422] Fri, 03 August 2012 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
The problem with Chick-Fil-A is not just an opinion. It's money going to organizations that advocate against gay rights. Of course they have the right to donate, but many people just found out about it and that's why they started boycotting them.
Re: Chic-fil-a hoopla [message #73474 is a reply to message #73472] Fri, 03 August 2012 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

And they have the right, don't they?

In my opinion, we've gone way overboard supporting the "gay agenda". They have the same rights as anyone else, but they don't have the right to demand that people respect their "lifestyle". They don't have the right to censor other - more normal and traditional - opinions.

I don't respect this kind of behavior from the gays, and most other people don't either. In my opinion, homosexuality is a character defect, and I have the right to say that too. It's no worse than alcoholism or drug addiction, but it's no better either. It is something I think they should consider looking at in the same way a recovering addict sees their drug of choice. That's my personal opinion.

I think a lot of gays would no try and convince me otherwise, and some of the more vocal gay proponents appear to be trying to bully the public into their way of thinking. I personally find it disgusting and I wish they would all go back in the closet. I don't want to hear about it, and I certainly don't want to see it.

Re: Chic-fil-a hoopla [message #73486 is a reply to message #73422] Sat, 04 August 2012 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LoveJB is currently offline  LoveJB
Master
Wow! Shocked Go back into their closet. That was a bit harsh! You know I did not really pay attention to the whole situation and I still really don't know what it's about 100%. I know it's about gay rights, although I'm not sure why any fast food restaurant has anything to do with any gay right issue?
Re: Chic-fil-a hoopla [message #73501 is a reply to message #73486] Sun, 05 August 2012 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Following the same line of reasoning as Wayne... I don't like anyone to push their ideas on me. I generally don't care what other people do, believe and so on, but I get real ticked off it they try to make me like or in some cases even accept their choices. I especially don't like it when they get intimidating like is going on with the Chic-fil issue. There is no equality or freedom of choice involved in it. One side believes one thing, another side something else. So? Like I said earlier, if you don't like something about a particular business, don't go there. There was an incident this weekend at an Arizona Chic-fil. An individual drove up to the drive in window and asked for a cup of water. The attendant gave him one and then he proceeded to get all over her about the policy of the head guy back in whatever town he was in. She was not involved in that and to her credit was respectful at all times. If that is a proper expression of equal rights then our country has gone down the toilet. If I have offended anyone, not my intent, but, so be it. Grow up and move on.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Chic-fil-a hoopla [message #73517 is a reply to message #73474] Mon, 06 August 2012 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FL152 is currently offline  FL152
Chancellor
What`s next? The protest in front of McDonalds by Golden Shower Lovers...because of their human rights violations to piss freely in public pools?
Those political exploatations of various sex "styles" become more end more boring and disgusting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUq_T_Bhau8&feature=related
Re: Chic-fil-a hoopla [message #73525 is a reply to message #73422] Tue, 07 August 2012 08:27 Go to previous message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Just like Chick-Fil-A has the right to disapprove of gay marriage and donate to that cause, people who disagree with Chick-Fil-A have the right to say they disapprove, and the right to boycott. That's what all this is about. They aren't trying to shove their views down your throat; they are expressing their own views via protest. What could be more American?

I haven't heard anything about that incident in Arizona, but assuming it's true, that was way out of line.
Previous Topic: Heat & Greasy Food
Next Topic: What is wrong with these people?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:50:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio