Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Concerts on DVD (Bringing the ampitheatre to your living room...)
Concerts on DVD [message #72212] Tue, 17 April 2012 19:00 Go to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
Does anyone else like to watch concerts on DVD? I never watched them much growing up, but my wife was raised on them and has almost as many concerts as movies. Consequently, she also had the better home theater before we were married, although we've both made improvements to it since then.

Her favorite concert on DVD is probably Hell Freezes Over by The Eagles, but mine is 311 Day by (you guessed it) 311. It's seriously about 4 hours long!
Re: Concerts on DVD [message #72214 is a reply to message #72212] Tue, 17 April 2012 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Check out the BluRay releases. They're sooooo much better than DVDs, especially in terms of audio quality. You probably expect video to be better but may not have thought about the audio quality. In my opinion, the audio improvement is even more striking than the video upgrade.
Re: Concerts on DVD [message #72218 is a reply to message #72212] Wed, 18 April 2012 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheaterChad is currently offline  TheaterChad
Esquire
I only watch concerts on Blu-Ray, several moonths ago I bought Kings Of Leon Live concert on Blu-ray, and it's totally awesome, my neighbors always hear me playing it, since it's way to good not to have on a low volume Very Happy
Re: Concerts on DVD [message #72228 is a reply to message #72218] Wed, 18 April 2012 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I recently snagged a Diana Krall - Live in Rio Blue Ray. stunning. It will be with me at LSAF.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Concerts on DVD [message #72235 is a reply to message #72212] Wed, 18 April 2012 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LoveJB is currently offline  LoveJB
Master
I can honestly say that I don't like to watch concerts on my TV (DVD). I would much rather be at the concert watching the singer live. I think it's the atmosphere!
Re: Concerts on DVD [message #72242 is a reply to message #72214] Wed, 18 April 2012 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
Wayne Parham wrote on Tue, 17 April 2012 21:13

Check out the BluRay releases. They're sooooo much better than DVDs, especially in terms of audio quality. You probably expect video to be better but may not have thought about the audio quality. In my opinion, the audio improvement is even more striking than the video upgrade.

I will definitely do this! You're right - I hadn't thought about audio quality improving with Blu-Ray, only video quality.

LoveJB - I would DEFINITELY prefer to be at a live concert as opposed to watching the concert on DVD, but with ticket prices these days, that's just not an option anymore! But with a really nice home theater system, you can have just as much fun (or at least I can) watching it on a big screen TV and listening to it loudly enough to wake the neighbors! Wink Bonus: The beer is cheaper!
Re: Concerts on DVD [message #72281 is a reply to message #72212] Fri, 20 April 2012 11:48 Go to previous message
love2play is currently offline  love2play
Master
Like you TimRon most of our concert experiences are in the living room now. Between tickets, gas, and having to get a sitter it makes way more sense to buy the DVD's. I love the 311 concert too. Our most recent purchase was Zac Brown Band's Pass the Jar at the Fox Theater...absolutely amazing!
Previous Topic: Levon Helm of the Band died
Next Topic: How much time do you spend listening to music?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:19:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio