Home » Audio » General » Is it possible to hate all music?
Is it possible to hate all music? [message #70883] Sat, 07 January 2012 14:13 Go to next message
GuitarStrings is currently offline  GuitarStrings
Baron
Considering how many billions of people there are in the world, I wonder if there is anyone out there who cannot stand ANY music at all, who prefers silence over rap, country, pop, rock, oldies, etc.

It seems hard to believe considering the sheer variety of music there is out there. There seems to be a song if not a genre for everyone.

The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar.
Jimi Hendrix

Re: Is it possible to hate all music? [message #70886 is a reply to message #70883] Sat, 07 January 2012 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm sure the Grinch hates all music.

http://audioroundtable.com/images/Grinch.jpg
Re: Is it possible to hate all music? [message #70910 is a reply to message #70883] Sun, 08 January 2012 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drury is currently offline  Drury
Baron
Haha at the Grinch comment. I can't imagine how anyone could hate all music. How could you not like the songs you grew up with? I can see how people dislike what comes after that, because you always compare them.
Re: Is it possible to hate all music? [message #70913 is a reply to message #70910] Sun, 08 January 2012 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
j0ann3 is currently offline  j0ann3
Baron
Hahaha that pic is a win. Anyway, I find it hard anyone would not like any form of music. I imagine how sad life would be without music and I run to my iPod and hug it. xx

Joanne! xx
Re: Is it possible to hate all music? [message #70930 is a reply to message #70883] Mon, 09 January 2012 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
LOL Wayne.

I think it'd be hard to find someone who hates all kinds of music. I have met a couple people who don't really listen to music much, which is hard for me to understand, but they don't hate it either.
Re: Is it possible to hate all music? [message #70941 is a reply to message #70883] Tue, 10 January 2012 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilbambam718 is currently offline  lilbambam718
Chancellor
I think it is impossible to hate all kinds of music because there is a song for every emotion you could possibly feel. If anyone says they hate all music then they haven't listened to all music.
Re: Is it possible to hate all music? [message #71639 is a reply to message #70883] Fri, 02 March 2012 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damon73 is currently offline  Damon73
Baron
I thought about this for a while, and at first I agreed with everybody. It's not possible to hate all music. I can think of one possible exception though. What if someone has a psychiatric problem and can't handle the emotions music brings out? If it causes too much sensory overload, then I could see someone preferring silence.
Re: Is it possible to hate all music? [message #71752 is a reply to message #70883] Wed, 14 March 2012 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love2play is currently offline  love2play
Master
I guess that it is possible for someone to hate all forms of music, but I can't even imagine that. What a sad, and quiet life that would be.
Re: Is it possible to hate all music? [message #71759 is a reply to message #71752] Wed, 14 March 2012 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Are you all sure the Grinch doesn't like stuff like the monster mash and purple people eater Laughing

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Is it possible to hate all music? [message #71760 is a reply to message #71639] Wed, 14 March 2012 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Damon73 wrote on Fri, 02 March 2012 14:57
I thought about this for a while, and at first I agreed with everybody. It's not possible to hate all music. I can think of one possible exception though. What if someone has a psychiatric problem and can't handle the emotions music brings out? If it causes too much sensory overload, then I could see someone preferring silence.

That's a good point. I didn't think about people with sensory processing disorders; they may find music too much to handle, since it's hard enough for them to sort out everyday sounds.
Previous Topic: Help with a center channel speaker
Next Topic: iPod plug in for vehicle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:06:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout