Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Song and book connections
Song and book connections [message #70853] Fri, 06 January 2012 07:44 Go to next message
Drury is currently offline  Drury
Baron
My friend was just telling me that lots of songs are based on or inspired by books. Her latest discovery on this topic is something by The Cure, which is connected to a book called The Stranger. I wonder how common this is.
Re: Song and book connections [message #70861 is a reply to message #70853] Fri, 06 January 2012 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LoveJB is currently offline  LoveJB
Master
What a great topic! Not something that I have thought about before. I do put books and movies together but never movies and music. I can't think of any songs that were turned into movies.
Re: Song and book connections [message #70931 is a reply to message #70861] Mon, 09 January 2012 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
j0ann3 is currently offline  j0ann3
Baron
I'm more familiar with songs based on poems. I was listening to Stevie Nicks' new album and she has a song called Annabel Lee which was basically the poem with the same name. And I think Afternoons and Coffeespoons by Crash Test Dummies takes from T.S. Elliot xx

Joanne! xx
Re: Song and book connections [message #70953 is a reply to message #70853] Wed, 11 January 2012 07:37 Go to previous message
Drury is currently offline  Drury
Baron
I know nothing about poetry so that was a new aspect of this discussion for me, thanks. Now I'm thinking about it I have a feeling some band names may be taken from or based on characters in books.
Previous Topic: Miguel
Next Topic: Horror Movie Formulas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 21:31:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout