Home » Audio » General » Record Store
Record Store [message #69155] Wed, 24 August 2011 09:38 Go to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I just found a local record store! I couldn't believe it; I haven't seen one in years. Now I just need to get a turntable and I'll be good to go. Very Happy
Re: Record Store [message #69163 is a reply to message #69155] Wed, 24 August 2011 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, that is great, what city? The only ones near here are used bookstores that carry LPs. Price is right, but you have no clue what you are getting until you play it.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Record Store [message #69174 is a reply to message #69155] Thu, 25 August 2011 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LizardBat is currently offline  LizardBat
Baron
There's several good ones in London. I live near two excellent stores, Audio Gold in Muswell Hill and 223 Records in Highgate. It's always helpful to have easy access to a nice collection used and new LPs and CDs!
Re: Record Store [message #69179 is a reply to message #69174] Thu, 25 August 2011 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Great, just a tad bit far for me to go to vinyl. Slightly OT here....I have found that Music Direct (on the web and they have a catalog) has a rather good selection of vinyl. If anyone wants to start up a thread on nearby stores or sources, we should do so on "Movies and Music". It could be a good service to other viewers.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Record Store [message #69194 is a reply to message #69163] Fri, 26 August 2011 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I live in central Florida. I just browsed the collection the other day, so I didn't see if they had a listening section to make sure the vinyl was in good shape.
Re: Record Store [message #69474 is a reply to message #69179] Tue, 13 September 2011 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Siren is currently offline  Siren
Chancellor
Record stores are a very rare find! We bad a huge one nearby, that I loved to frequent. It had such a nice atmosphere. Sadly it closed down. When I do find new record shops, it is like a duo shop, half records half skateboards. Does anyone else notice this?
Re: Record Store [message #69478 is a reply to message #69474] Tue, 13 September 2011 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I find that Best Buy has a small selection of vinyl and two used book stores in the area (Southern Arizona) - Hastings and Bookmans both carry vinyl. Hasting has new stuff and Bookmans used. I have scored a few really pristine LPs for under $3 each. The price range is from $1 to about $8. Condition is generally good, but you need to look at them carefully. I figure for about $25 I can bring home 6-10 LPs and probably 2/3 of them will be just fine. Some unfortunately even though they look ok seem to have been played with a sewing machine needle or worse. Confused

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Record Store [message #69580 is a reply to message #69155] Fri, 23 September 2011 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
My advice to you is to let all of your friends know about your finding! A huge record store in Atlanta is going to be closing, Criminal Records. That is really sad, as many consider it an Atlanta landmark, of sorts. People are just not buying records and even CD's like they used to.
Re: Record Store [message #70166 is a reply to message #69155] Wed, 16 November 2011 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AdrianG is currently offline  AdrianG
Baron
I went to school in Berkeley, and they had a couple good local record stores. With a town like Berkeley, they definitely fit in with the culture. Even so, as Danny said I bet they're not doing as well as they used to. I hope these stores will survive for a long time, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Re: Record Store [message #70245 is a reply to message #69155] Tue, 22 November 2011 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Poltroon is currently offline  Poltroon
Chancellor
We've actually got several record stores near where I live. One of them was in danger of closing, and many other local businesses pulled together and hosted several fund-raisers in order to keep it open, and it worked!
Previous Topic: Gasket Material Recommended by Wayne P.
Next Topic: Sony's headphone mp3 player?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 10:15:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio