Home » Audio » General » Phones as music players
Phones as music players [message #68429] Sat, 02 July 2011 04:59 Go to next message
falloutgirl
Baron
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good phone that can double as an mp3 player. I know the iPhone is one but it's way beyond my budget. I find it a burden to carry around both my phone and ipod around everyowhere so it would be cool to just have on devixe that can do both well. I heard ericsson and nokia have some good models but what are some i can look into? Thanks a bunch!
Re: Phones as music players [message #68435 is a reply to message #68429] Sat, 02 July 2011 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Equinom is currently offline  Equinom
Viscount
Almost any phone can double as an iPod/MP3 Player..it's just that some are better than others. For instance, I have an ENV3 that is almost 2 years old, and it holds some songs. I am sure the newer phones can hold tons more songs. Maybe some might get radio as well?
Re: Phones as music players [message #68454 is a reply to message #68429] Sun, 03 July 2011 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
falloutgirl
Baron
Yeah I know most phones can be mp3 players but like you said some are better than others. Like are there affordable phones where I can build playlists and has an organized music library, and other nice features Smile
Re: Phones as music players [message #68459 is a reply to message #68454] Sun, 03 July 2011 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cogent is currently offline  cogent
Chancellor
I use my iPhone , I know that is out of our range but I have some portable speakers so I can have an instant sound system anywhere. It is not designed for high quality but good enough sound. It works for me.
Re: Phones as music players [message #68548 is a reply to message #68459] Wed, 13 July 2011 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sonisphere_music is currently offline  sonisphere_music
Esquire
My HTC only £20 a month on contract is excellent for playin music, and it's not even that expensive on Pay as you go anymore.
Most Smart phones are ok at playing music though.
Re: Phones as music players [message #68552 is a reply to message #68429] Wed, 13 July 2011 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BornThisWay is currently offline  BornThisWay
Chancellor
My old LG Xenon, though not a smartphone, could play mp3s, and it did pretty well. However, the phone wasn't meant for earphones/headphones, so I couldn't listen to the music with those. I have an iPhone now though, and it's great! I can finally not really have a reason to buy a new iPod and the iPhone iPod settings/options are pretty nice (shuffle, equalizer, different albums for sorting, a separate volume control (I think), etc.). And of course, you can use earphones. It can be a hassle here and there, what with having to answer texts, answer calls, and doing other things on the phone, and also the draining of battery life, but when it all comes down to it, it's wonderful having a nice all-in-one device that you can use not only as a phone but as an a music player, a handheld game console, and other stuff. Just be sure to fully charge it before you head out somewhere for awhile.
Re: Phones as music players [message #68750 is a reply to message #68552] Wed, 27 July 2011 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
I don't know that there are any phones that were meant to be music players. Some of them sound good enough, but remember - it's a phone! My worry would be running down the battery while listening to music.
Re: Phones as music players [message #68833 is a reply to message #68750] Wed, 03 August 2011 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yaser is currently offline  Yaser
Chancellor
Most phones today can play MP3. I won't tell any specific brand as most cellphones today can play MP3. What I would advice you is to find a good set of headphones. You will enjoy the sound if you have good quality headphones.
Re: Phones as music players [message #69374 is a reply to message #68429] Wed, 07 September 2011 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
falloutgirl
Baron
Thanks everyone for the input! I just wanted to share that I didn't have to buy a phone anymore, my parents surprised me with an iPhone 4 for my birthday last month and yes, I agree with what some said about it in the posts above mine... It is awesome!!! So glad I don't have to go looking around for a new phone o_O
Re: Phones as music players [message #69399 is a reply to message #69374] Thu, 08 September 2011 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
DinosaurDance is currently offline  DinosaurDance
Chancellor
falloutgirl wrote on Wed, 07 September 2011 10:06
Thanks everyone for the input! I just wanted to share that I didn't have to buy a phone anymore, my parents surprised me with an iPhone 4 for my birthday last month and yes, I agree with what some said about it in the posts above mine... It is awesome!!! So glad I don't have to go looking around for a new phone o_O

I think I need to adopt your parents! That is an awesome birthday gift and I'm glad you got the phone/mp3 player that you really wanted.
Previous Topic: Computer Audio
Next Topic: Video Game Sound Design Jobs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:56:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout