Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Favorite Kids Movie
Favorite Kids Movie [message #67371] Mon, 02 May 2011 17:17 Go to next message
Roxie is currently offline  Roxie
Baron
Let's be honest. Kids movies are seldom really for kids. If they don't make it interesting enough for us to sit through them, they don't make money. Which is your favorite kids movie? I have a ton, but my top two are Aladdin and Finding Nemo.
Re: Favorite Kids Movie [message #67376 is a reply to message #67371] Tue, 03 May 2011 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iDummy is currently offline  iDummy
Baron
I am with you. I think they are pretty good at making movies appealing to the parents by putting things in the movie that goes way over the kids head while making us laugh. I have a few favorite ones. The top three are: Cinderella, Madagascar, and Hoodwinked.
Re: Favorite Kids Movie [message #67391 is a reply to message #67371] Tue, 03 May 2011 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BluesBrother77 is currently offline  BluesBrother77
Chancellor
My favorites have to be hands down the Shrek series and the Madagascar series. I think they are so funny and there is just enough adult humor in them.
Re: Favorite Kids Movie [message #67398 is a reply to message #67371] Tue, 03 May 2011 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BigBoom is currently offline  BigBoom
Chancellor
I like the Shrek series too, and there is definitely some adult humor in there. I think my recent favorites though would have to be Enchanted and Tangled.
Re: Favorite Kids Movie [message #67462 is a reply to message #67371] Thu, 05 May 2011 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roxie is currently offline  Roxie
Baron
Hmmm! I had forgotten about Shrek. Those are fantastic especially because they evoke all our childhood bedtime stories. That is why the Toy Story series was also great. Toys are just the most important thing there is for a long period of our life and it tends to go with us all the way to the grave. Smile
Re: Favorite Kids Movie [message #68120 is a reply to message #67371] Fri, 10 June 2011 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
falloutgirl
Baron
My recent favorites are Tangled, Enchanted, How to Train Your Dragon, Up, and Horton Hears A Who.

As for oldies, I of course loved the classic disney movies. And don't judge me but I completely adored that Care Bear movie. Haha.

Re: Favorite Kids Movie [message #68446 is a reply to message #67371] Sat, 02 July 2011 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
piccMu51c is currently offline  piccMu51c
Chancellor
You can't beat classic Disney, but recently I really like Despicable Me, Wall-E, and Kung Fu Panda. I was impressed with Up, however, I didn't much enjoy it. The beginning was very touching though.
Re: Favorite Kids Movie [message #68448 is a reply to message #68446] Sun, 03 July 2011 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
I think Shrek is pretty good, too. I actually have a hard time remembering that it's a kids movie, with all of the adult humor in it.
Re: Favorite Kids Movie [message #68593 is a reply to message #67371] Sun, 17 July 2011 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BornThisWay is currently offline  BornThisWay
Chancellor
I haven't seen many of the newer movies (I actually still prefer traditionally animated films, or at least 2D in general), but I think Wall-E was a cute movie. The others don't seem too bad either, I'll have to watch more of them. I love the classic Disney movies like Bambi and such, but especially the 90s films such as The Lion King (probably my favorite Disney movie), The Little Mermaid, etc. I also like Don Bluth films and films by Universal Studios. They don't make movies like those anymore, which makes me really sad.
Re: Favorite Kids Movie [message #68616 is a reply to message #67371] Mon, 18 July 2011 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Shrek and Shrek 2 were both fantastic and I loved them. I also enjoyed Enchanted, Lion King, Aladdin, and Beauty and the Beast. I haven't watched many of the newer kid's movies though.
Previous Topic: HP Opening Weekend
Next Topic: Tribute Bands vs Cover Bands
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 05:12:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout