Home » Audio » General » Living the Dream - I have a jukebox!
Living the Dream - I have a jukebox! [message #66518] Sat, 05 March 2011 22:21 Go to next message
bengee is currently offline  bengee
Chancellor
Sadly, it's not one of the older ones that we all know and love, but it's decent. It's a Crosley Digital Jukebox, one of the standard ones and a little smaller than the boxes they are based off of. It's really sweet though, and is able to store thousands of songs. It even has a radio!

I'm still not sure where exactly to put the thing but it'll definitely make for some entertaining hours of music Smile
Re: Living the Dream - I have a jukebox! [message #66530 is a reply to message #66518] Sun, 06 March 2011 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woofer is currently offline  woofer
Chancellor
Congratulations! I've been wanting to find an older jukebox, preferably from the 50s, for a corner of my game room. It would be nice to have a working model, but honestly, I want it just because it would look awesome in the room. The hard part will be finding one, of course.
Re: Living the Dream - I have a jukebox! [message #66543 is a reply to message #66518] Sun, 06 March 2011 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bengee is currently offline  bengee
Chancellor
Yes, I know the feeling. The only place I can figure to find an old jukebox would possibly be at an antique store or at a garage sale. I still haven't had the fortune of actually finding one for sale though. They're quite rare, and I'm not sure how much they'd even go for, especially if it's in working condition.
Re: Living the Dream - I have a jukebox! [message #66548 is a reply to message #66543] Sun, 06 March 2011 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
My Uncle has an old jukebox that was in my Grandfather's drugstore when my Uncle was a little kid. Still full of all the old 45's that were in it at the time. It needs all the electronics restored and he's never gotten around to doing it (he's an electronic tech/engineer for the last 30 years Smile ). I'm hoping someday it'll be mine.
Re: Living the Dream - I have a jukebox! [message #66691 is a reply to message #66518] Wed, 16 March 2011 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GoodVibrations is currently offline  GoodVibrations
Viscount
Congrats Bengee, that is pretty cool. You guys may not be old enough but does anyone remember the table-top boxes that were at booth tables in cafes? They were like mini-jukeboxes and you could choose from several songs to play at your own table. And that's the way it was before MP3s. Very Happy

Music is a tonic for the tired and weary mind
Re: Living the Dream - I have a jukebox! [message #66768 is a reply to message #66518] Sat, 26 March 2011 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clueless is currently offline  Clueless
Viscount
Ever since I saw one of the older jukeboxes at a friend's house, I have been dreaming of one too. I have a couple of boxes of my mom's and dad's 45s, and I haven't gotten rid of them because I still dream of getting that jukebox. I know my parents would flip if I get one.

Congratulations!
Re: Living the Dream - I have a jukebox! [message #67006 is a reply to message #66518] Mon, 11 April 2011 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brian21 is currently offline  brian21
Baron
That's awesome that you got a jukebox, as others have said they are pretty rare. I'd like to get one someday myself, but it's definitely out of my price range right now. I was watching an episode of Pawn Stars on the History channel, and they bought a Seeburg jukebox from the 40's. I can't remember exactly how much it went for, but I believe it was at least a few thousand restored.
Re: Living the Dream - I have a jukebox! [message #67038 is a reply to message #66518] Wed, 13 April 2011 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DefAudio is currently offline  DefAudio
Esquire
Congratulations, It must really be cool to be able to get the jukebox going. I would love to have one of the older style ones with a few records, but the possibility of having thousands of songs stored in it sounds pretty persuading.
Re: Living the Dream - I have a jukebox! [message #67158 is a reply to message #66518] Thu, 21 April 2011 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roxie is currently offline  Roxie
Baron
Is it everything you ever dreamed of? Did it come with the 45s? Did you figure out where to put it? I am not really sure of the different brands, etc. However, I have great memories of the jukebox at my family's grocery store. Yes, they had a jukebox at the grocery store. Smile My dad used to give me nickels to play my favorite songs.
Re: Living the Dream - I have a jukebox! [message #67319 is a reply to message #66518] Sat, 30 April 2011 19:08 Go to previous message
BluesBrother77 is currently offline  BluesBrother77
Chancellor
That is so cool! I think a jukebox would be cool to have in the house. I do remember having those table top ones at a restaurant in my hometown. It was pretty cool.
Previous Topic: Welcome to OddWatt Audio!
Next Topic: Pipe Organs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:02:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout