Home » Audio » General » Built-in DVD player?
Built-in DVD player? [message #66218] Sat, 19 February 2011 18:17 Go to next message
Scoot is currently offline  Scoot
Baron
The smaller, older TV sets in our guest room is dying. Right now there is an ancient DVD player with that TV, but it will also need replacing within a year or two. Some of the new flat screen TVs we've seen have built-in DVD players.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Are they worth it, or should we just stick with the player we have until it conks out?
Re: Built-in DVD player? [message #66251 is a reply to message #66218] Tue, 22 February 2011 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Equinom is currently offline  Equinom
Viscount
We are actually in the same situation as you. Our TV down stairs is a dinosaur. It is probably 20+ years old, and still works...but we really need to upgrade. Then our DVD/VCR player has been making weird noises. So it's about time to upgrade that as well. We just haven't saved up enough money for it yet.
I am also interested in seeing what others have to say.
Re: Built-in DVD player? [message #66258 is a reply to message #66218] Tue, 22 February 2011 19:25 Go to previous message
GuitarStrings is currently offline  GuitarStrings
Baron
I would save up for a flatscreen. It might be more expensive, but it's a two-for-one deal, especially if your dvd-player isn't going to last long either. Get your money's worth!

The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar.
Jimi Hendrix

Previous Topic: Recommend some good earbuds for me?
Next Topic: What's more fun, listening to music through headphones or speakers?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 00:00:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio