Home » Audio » General » Big News!
Big News! [message #65162] Sat, 04 December 2010 17:10 Go to next message
SteveBrown is currently offline  SteveBrown
Grand Master
As I posted earlier, I am now back in my "home town" of Portland. Attached is the view from my apartment (11th floor) in the "Pearl District" that's Mt. St Helens (I think Mt. Adams on the left, thought I'm not sure). But bigger news is that today I got to be a grandpa again. Stepdaughter Clare gave birth to healthy boy, 7lbs, 12oz. Name is Oakley. She insisted it was a name you couldn't make fun of, to which I said, "Oakley Dokley".... Sure would have been nice to be with them all, but alas, I'm here by myself. Listening right now to some jazz on the little system I brought. I'm using my Mac Book Pro into fiber optic to a PS Audio DAC and then into my Scott 222C and then those cheap Parts Express speakers Fred had at one of the LSAF meets. A bit thick in the mids, but other wise, sounds fantastic.

index.php?t=getfile&id=284&private=0
Re: Big News! [message #65163 is a reply to message #65162] Sat, 04 December 2010 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Congrats to Clare and you Gpaw. Very Happy

Quite a view you've got there. Never been to that part of the country.

Glad to hear you've got something to listen to tunes with. I'm still in the process of getting all the Xmas presents bought so I can start to better mine. Should be soon.
Re: Big News! [message #65166 is a reply to message #65163] Sat, 04 December 2010 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Wow, Steve, congrats on all fronts! When I saw you last, I was kinda feeling sorry for you with all the life changes and what-not. But, man, it sounds like everything is great!

I'm very happy for you and Ronna. You deserve it!

Re: Big News! [message #65176 is a reply to message #65166] Mon, 06 December 2010 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
All the news coming from you is wonderful.

Congratulations to you, Ronna, and Clare on being parent and grandparents to Oakley.
He is a big boy at 7lbs and 12 ounces.
Hopefully he will be able to come to live by you and Ronna in such beautiful surroundings.

This picture really makes me miss what I loved most about the north west, the mountains. It was great waking to the sight of mount Rainier in Seattle every day. I will always remember the water falls, and fantastic views of far away when you are up high on the mountains.

It looks like all that has happened since leaving your previous employer, has been a blessing in disguise.

Keep us informed on how life is going for you? And please post some pictures of Oakley when you can?

Congratulations again on everything.

Norris
Re: Big News! [message #65185 is a reply to message #65176] Mon, 06 December 2010 21:10 Go to previous message
SteveBrown is currently offline  SteveBrown
Grand Master
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Honestly, there is a lot I miss about Tulsa and maybe one day I'll be back. In the mean time, I guess this will have to do... Razz
Previous Topic: Are iPods obsolete?
Next Topic: Car Audio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:48:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout