Home » Audio » General » Sound's highest achievement
Sound's highest achievement [message #64335] Thu, 14 October 2010 06:26 Go to next message
Bohnam is currently offline  Bohnam
Chancellor
Would you agree with the theory that music is sound's highest achievement? It is, after all, a wonderfully varied mixture of patterned vibrations sent into the air by all kinds of instruments, from a cricket's hind legs to a massive pipe organ.

But do you think that music is the best that sound can do?

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: Sound's highest achievement [message #64339 is a reply to message #64335] Thu, 14 October 2010 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Yes. More so than language even.

Re: Sound's highest achievement [message #64341 is a reply to message #64339] Thu, 14 October 2010 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wolfgang is currently offline  Wolfgang
Chancellor
Definitely yes! There couldn't be anything more useful a sound can do than music. In one way or another we all get inspired by music whatever form it is.
Re: Sound's highest achievement [message #64383 is a reply to message #64335] Tue, 19 October 2010 11:21 Go to previous message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hmmm, I don't think you are going to get much of a debate here. Smile I would definitely agree that music is sound's highest achievement. To PP who said music is a higher achievement than language, well I would say that music IS language!
Previous Topic: Starting out with Audio
Next Topic: Electronics Courses
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:45:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout