Home » Audio » General » Oklahoma DIY Audio meeting (DIY GTG Eastern Ok, OCT...)
Oklahoma DIY Audio meeting [message #63965] Tue, 31 August 2010 19:25 Go to next message
mightym is currently offline  mightym
Chancellor
I'm attempting to gauge interest in/coordinate a small DIY gathering at my place outside of Checotah, Ok.

Tenative Date is October 23, 2010.

We will have the run of my family's vacation home on Lake Eufaula.

I believe we can set up 2 listening areas in the house. ( at opposite ends, through a couple of doors, on different floors....).

I do not have enough gear to set up 2 systems, so your gonna have to bring stuff to show off.

I will be listing this on several forums.

I will need folks to RSVP on attendance, so I can get out directions, coordinate stuff, etc.

Anybody want to come over and play?

John
Re: Oklahoma DIY Audio meeting [message #63967 is a reply to message #63965] Wed, 01 September 2010 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm in!

Re: Oklahoma DIY Audio meeting [message #63971 is a reply to message #63965] Wed, 01 September 2010 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Kewl!
Re: Oklahoma DIY Audio meeting [message #63973 is a reply to message #63965] Wed, 01 September 2010 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Just to "Bump" this, and to add a little more info....

The system I'll have set up downstairs:

A KT88 SET integrated amp.

Playstation as source.

DallasII BLH's as speaker.

I have a small tv monitor for the playstation, DIY interconnects, and DIY speaker cables ala the 6 Moons White Lightning Moonshine cables.

The amp has 2 inputs, so if someone wants to bring a TT ( sadly mine's still not resurected ) and a phono pre, or a digital front end of some flavor....

I expect/hope we get to roll in and out other equip. whatever you'all bring.

The upstairs system, should we decide to split it up is TBA.

John
Re: Oklahoma DIY Audio meeting [message #64006 is a reply to message #63973] Tue, 07 September 2010 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Sounds like a good idea mightym.

I plan to attend as well. It should be a good time.

Norris
Re: Oklahoma DIY Audio meeting [message #64279 is a reply to message #63965] Mon, 11 October 2010 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Wayne did you get my PM about the gathering?

John
Re: Oklahoma DIY Audio meeting [message #64387 is a reply to message #64279] Tue, 19 October 2010 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I am so bummed! I can't be there because a friend of mine is getting married that day. I work with this lady and had promised to be at her wedding for months now. I just realized it's on the same day. Please post pics since I can't attend!

Re: Oklahoma DIY Audio meeting [message #64426 is a reply to message #64387] Thu, 21 October 2010 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Truly a Bummer....

Norris is sick, Steve is going to a job interview in Oregon.

I've only just gotten in from 4 days on the road, and things have fallen apart. The possibles haven't contacted me, so it's looking like a bust all 'round.

I've got to check with my mother about future availability of the lake house, as she's planning to have some work done, and was waiting until after my event to start.

So.....

Lets plan to try again later, either next month ( pending availability ), or possibly even later.

What would a good time for you be?

John
Re: Oklahoma DIY Audio meeting [message #64433 is a reply to message #64426] Fri, 22 October 2010 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Hard to say, as we come into the holidays. Definitely a Saturday, maybe early November? If we can't get to it before mid-November, it will probably be best to wait until January. People get busy with holiday planning.

Re: Oklahoma DIY Audio meeting [message #64435 is a reply to message #64433] Fri, 22 October 2010 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Chancellor
Totally agree, how's late Feb for you?

Weather's usually OK for travel, no big sports rivalry I'm aware of. I'm polling the others who wanted to come about the move.

John
Previous Topic: Video Game Chairs/Rockers- enhance gaming with audio?
Next Topic: Affordable Isolation Device
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:46:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout