Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Which Holiday CDs Will Be in Your Player?
Which Holiday CDs Will Be in Your Player? [message #7321] Wed, 29 November 2006 13:11 Go to next message
destiny is currently offline  destiny
Baron
Are there any Christmas albums that have remained favorites year after year? What will *you* be listening to throughout December?

98.5 WarmFM in Cinci [message #7323 is a reply to message #7321] Wed, 29 November 2006 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
A local EZ listening radio station switches over to all Christmas music at Thanksgiving. It pretty much stays on all day.

Listening to Christmas music on the radio reminds me of when I was a kid. My dad was in the Army, and one year (1970) our family was stationed at the Presidio of San Francisco. My father recorded a couple of reel-to-reel tapes of Christams tunes from KFOG. These tapes were what we listened to during the Season for many years. The tapes are now long worn out, but I still remember the sound of the fog horn blowing during commercial breaks....C

Re: Which Holiday CDs Will Be in Your Player? [message #7326 is a reply to message #7321] Sun, 03 December 2006 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I mostly am able to tune it out, but my 8 hours every workday accompanied by Muzakmas. The shoppers say they hate it, too.

Cantate Domino, the 80's audiophile LP comes out about now so I can remember how wonderful it was to sing great Christmas music in high school.

Every Thanksgiving, our high school choir would sing Carols for the tree-lighting on Cleveland's Public Square then ride the Shaker Rapid Transit to Shaker Square with Santa and do the same thing there.

Afterwards, 50 0r 60 of us would drive over to the main boulevard through Cleveland Heights and spend a few hours walking past the stately homes singing as we went. Every light would come on and every front door open to hear us as we, about evenly split between Gentiles and Jews, caroled our way through the neighborhood.

What a wonderful memory!

I wonder if the choir still does this today? Or has PC'ness killed it?

Christmas Music Recommendations [message #7328 is a reply to message #7321] Wed, 06 December 2006 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elektratig is currently offline  elektratig
Grand Master
Here are mine from a few years ago.

P.S. The WKCR Bach Festival [message #7329 is a reply to message #7321] Wed, 06 December 2006 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elektratig is currently offline  elektratig
Grand Master
And if you live in the NYC area, the Columbia University station, WKCR-FM, 89.9 FM, has a Bach festival each year from (roughly) December 20 through New Year, in which they play nothing but Bach around the clock.

Re: Which Holiday CDs Will Be in Your Player? [message #7389 is a reply to message #7321] Wed, 14 February 2007 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matefork is currently offline  matefork
Viscount
I was listening to the internet for the Christmas songs throughout the holiday season. And so far, it's the best selection I hear throughout my whole life.

Re: Which Holiday CDs Will Be in Your Player? [message #7430 is a reply to message #7321] Sat, 07 April 2007 01:55 Go to previous message
shinningstar is currently offline  shinningstar
Viscount
There are many great holiday songs nowadays that really best fits for Christmas such as I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas, Winter Wonderland, Christmas Medley and Oh Christmas Tree.

Previous Topic: Song of Praise
Next Topic: Max MP3 Bitrate?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:54:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout