Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Best Kids Movies? (Besides Disney?)
Best Kids Movies? (Besides Disney?) [message #7300] Tue, 21 November 2006 10:39 Go to next message
destiny is currently offline  destiny
Baron
What are some of the best movies for children that are by someone other than Disney?

Re: Best Kids Movies? (Besides Disney?) [message #7305 is a reply to message #7300] Tue, 21 November 2006 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
The two movies my kids really enjoy is: "The Princess Bride" and "Alice in Wonderland (1999)."

The Amazon.com reviews on AiW are mixed - either ya' loved it or hated it......C

Re: Best Kids Movies? (Besides Disney?) [message #7306 is a reply to message #7300] Tue, 21 November 2006 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jimmys devoted is currently offline  jimmys devoted
Baron
I found tehones from teh 1940s, 1950s my daughter loved. Like the Danny Kaye movies.. Inspector general, Court Jester( especially know with the interestin fantasy and knights), Glass Slipper, Singing in teh rain with doanld Oconner walking up the wall......
Darby Ogill and the Little people, And my daughter love dteh Vincent price movies.. cheesey but she loved them. Classics..
YOu ahve to remember the censors back them were very strict. So many of the " bad" language is out, many of the revelaing bodies are just gone,, and if you want to get them hooked on something classics you cant beat them. Theone that got my daughter was hitchcoks Lady Vanishes. I had her playing and watching the movie to try and figure it out......
and of course Please dont eat the daisyes is one of my favorites.

Re: Best Kids Movies? (Besides Disney?) [message #7307 is a reply to message #7305] Tue, 21 November 2006 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
The Princess Bride is in a league of it's own. My all time favorite movie. Recent movies with funny dialog are the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and Men in Black.

Re: Best Kids Movies? (Besides Disney?) [message #7308 is a reply to message #7306] Sun, 26 November 2006 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Thanks... those are some very good ideas. Yes, I know the censors were very strict and I think that's why many of the oldies have stuck around so long. Wonder if we'll ever go back?

Re: Best Kids Movies? (Besides Disney?) [message #7309 is a reply to message #7305] Sun, 26 November 2006 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
I've seen The Princess Bride but not Alice in Wonderland. I liked Princess Bride and I have been able to watch it more than once. That's the markings of a good movie for me. As you wish!

Re: Best Kids Movies? (Besides Disney?) [message #7310 is a reply to message #7307] Sun, 26 November 2006 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
I enjoyed Pirates, both of them. I'll be buying the DVD of #2 when it's released... Hmmm, did I hear 5 December?

Re: Best Kids Movies? (Besides Disney?) [message #7312 is a reply to message #7300] Sun, 26 November 2006 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lon is currently offline  lon
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Well there are kids movies that adults enjoy and kids movies
that kids enjoy.

My personal fave is 5000 Fingers Of Dr. T produced by
Dr. Seuss. It starred Tommy Rettig from the old "Lassie"
tv show. Pete Lind hayes and Mary Healey play the adult
role models and Hans Conreid plays Dr. T who is recruiting
children to play his huge piano that trails off into the
horizon.

My other favorite (which may be out of print) is called
"Hand In Hand" which is about actual kids growing up
together-- one is Irish Catholic, the other Jewish.

Re: Best Kids Movies? (Besides Disney?) [message #7390 is a reply to message #7300] Wed, 14 February 2007 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matefork is currently offline  matefork
Viscount
I cannot forget the movie called Oliver during my high school days. Mark Lester is the lead child actor and every boys in the class envy him because he's so cute and the girls went all agog over him.

Re: Best Kids Movies? (Besides Disney?) [message #7393 is a reply to message #7300] Thu, 15 February 2007 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
shinningstar is currently offline  shinningstar
Viscount
The best kids movies for me are Baby's Day Out, The Pacifier, Honey I Blew Up the kid, Honey I Shrunk the Kid, Finding Nemo and more.

Previous Topic: internet radio
Next Topic: World Trade Center
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 03:27:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout